Last PVD of the season

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Had to meet a PVD for a misload tonight. Apparently he is the last one left working at our center. I asked him what he did to earn that honor and he said, in exactly these words: “I’m super fast! I don’t care about my own safety or anybody else’s!” He was all jittery while we were talking. He was driving an old sedan and not wearing a single piece of UPS clothing, out delivering to long rural driveways in the dark. I told him with his attitude he is going to go far.

If you’re reading this, congrats on being the last PVD standing.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Had to meet a PVD for a misload tonight. Apparently he is the last one left working at our center. I asked him what he did to earn that honor and he said, in exactly these words: “I’m super fast! I don’t care about my own safety or anybody else’s!” He was all jittery while we were talking. He was driving an old sedan and not wearing a single piece of UPS clothing, out delivering to long rural driveways in the dark. I told him with his attitude he is going to go far.

Still working here. Tomorrow also.

Already know they’ve got serious issues next week without them.

margaritaville

I gave this PVD like 15 stops. My route is a lot of flag lots but he managed to deliver two seperate addresses to the wrong house and he actually had a package for that house. Which he sheeted NSN. Lmao.

Indecisi0n

But didn’t they promise him a job when this was all over ?

Zowert

That dude is going to get shot rolling up peoples’s driveways acting like a tweaker. I had a guy come out with a shotgun one night while delivering at 10pm and I was in uniform with the big brown P1000 blocking his driveway. “Is that... UPS?! What the hell are you doing out so late?!” Said he had a couple burglaries over the last few months so he was on edge. Nice guy tho.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I would have needed to see some kind of verification that he was employed by UPS.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I would have needed to see some kind of verification that he was employed by UPS.
He brought a misload to me so I knew he was an actual PVD. No lie though, we did have a fake PVD try to “take work off of” a driver earlier in the season though. And then I think at least one actual employed PVD stealing packages.

PPH_over_9000

We lost our PVDs today. I went from running a 110 to 140-stop split most of peak to covering for a RPCD today-- 274 stops.

Also, no cradle. Also, no fob.

It's a super tight resi' route, though-- only did 43 miles. Still, though, it was like a slap in the face when I first saw my truck for the day and the way it was loaded.

It’s better this way. Save $ now that way the company will bot have as much of a bargaining chip later.
The next contract is going to be but with that being said
The Teamsters do not want us going on strike because they don't want to lose all that dues money they get every month
on the opposite side the company does not want to spawn strike because they are making way too much money on his critical care packages