LATE Air epidemic in center

Trackless in brown

not sure how things are in your parts of the country but sadly the new norm for us is this.....9:30 start time....no matter what do your first Orion stop...then do as many airs as possible until 10:30...then the rest in trace....no need to call in late airs anymore....had 250 late airs in center 2 week ago....its actually now getting to the point where its embarrassing

km3

not sure how things are in your parts of the country but sadly the new norm for us is this.....9:30 start time....no matter what do your first Orion stop...then do as many airs as possible until 10:30...then the rest in trace....no need to call in late airs anymore....had 250 late airs in center 2 week ago....its actually now getting to the point where its embarrassing

Has your management team never heard of an exception air driver? Wow.

PT Car Washer

As long as they're not trying to discipline you, don't worry about it. And I get the distinct feeling that you're going to have a new management team very soon if this keeps up.
I have the feeling it is something beyond your local managements control and is a power play somewhere else. Either a Union management issue or an internal management play. Either way it is way beyond anything you can do.

ManInBrown

Where are these buildings? Do we work for the same company? They freak here over late airs.

I'd love to work in a building like yours. I don't care if the airs are late, if that's how you're directing me to work. Just makes my life easier. Why would I care?

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I love when they tell you all we provide is a service and we need to make the customers happy...but instead of delivering a next day air at 10:35 am they say just run trace and deliver the nda at 8pm

MAKAVELI

Sounds like FedEx Express.

Grey

There's times we leave after 10:00. The only way you can't have late air is if you're delivering to center you're leaving from.

jaker

trolling
I am confused to why do you care , is your check not right or something because what's going on is none of your business just do what they ask and move on

Unless you are not a driver and trying to draw attention to your hubs issue

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How a location can have a 9:30 start time/(9:40-45 leave building) with a 10:30 NDA commit is beyond me.

Our start time T-friend is 9:30 and, yes, part of our area has a 10:30 commit.

We use air drivers as needed but for the most part those with the commit run straight air and then go back and start their run all over again.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Our start time T-friend is 9:15, but the DM has been pushing it back to 9:30 most days recently. We're expected to get it all delivered on time, but if we can't, some gets tossed to an air driver.

Ghost in the Darkness

I wouldn't worry about it, direct customer concerns to the 1-800 number. Deliver what you can and let the company deal. Something has to give eventually, whatever causing it to be late gets fixed or your pickup air needs to get out sooner in the evening or commit times would need to change.
I know its tough because UPS used to be about service, but its not anymore. Its about following their directions, even if its poorly executed a lot of times. Just do what they ask, give a good effort and eventually you just won't care anymore because the decisions people complain about aren't ones you make.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I love when they tell you all we provide is a service and we need to make the customers happy...but instead of delivering a next day air at 10:35 am they say just run trace and deliver the nda at 8pm

It's funny you say that.

"Service, is all we have to sell" was the company motto for years.

The general consensus now.... is the "S" should be dropped from the name.

United Parcel.... is more appropriate.

Kinda sad.

Faceplanted

Actually it is our problem. We we loose customers because of this. Especially big customers. The companies profits diminish. We loose accounts, drivers get laid off ect ect ect