JL 0513

For the past 2 months, we've had late air 2-3 times a week, every week. Either requiring on road meets or waiting in the building for a half hour. The "normal" frequency is more like a late air day once every 2-3 weeks (at least in my center). I'm in the northeast. Is this a problem stemming all the way from Louisville? Of course management reports it as weather even when the most of the country is sunny and warm/hot.

What's the deal?

JL 0513

Construction at Louisville International Airport.

Why, for 2 months, is it a total mystery in my center? You think management would clue us in. Maybe inform customers instead of them dropping UPS for good? All the drivers in my center are in frustration not knowing what is going on. Why keep us in the dark.

For the past 2 months, we've had late air 2-3 times a week, every week. Either requiring on road meets or waiting in the building for a half hour. The "normal" frequency is more like a late air day once every 2-3 weeks (at least in my center). I'm in the northeast. Is this a problem stemming all the way from Louisville? Of course management reports it as weather even when the most of the country is sunny and warm/hot.

What's the deal?
Last month Division Manager told us to expect late air for the next two months. His solution was to start drivers 15 minutes later. Even on days air was on time and the preload was wrapped. I am located in the Midwest. Upstates answer sounds plausible, I just had not heard why.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I have been delivering my air late on a daily basis for the last year and a half. I run a satellite route and don't have time to load my truck and make air commits. Have been instructed to finish loading on a daily basis and run air in trace instead of double tripping. Funny thing is no one has complained to me about getting their parcels late.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
When 85 collapsed we went to a 9am start time, we've been running it that way since, with late air widespread ever since. It's not air getting here late, it's preloads failure to finish that is causing it. Roswell center is running like garbage, even though I found out we are in the top ten in the nation in volume.

barnyard

KTM rider
We have 2 shuttles bringing air. When we have late air, we at least have some of our air that we can deliver on time. Our 2nd shuttle has been 20ish minutes late most days. Sometimes we are held, sometimes we head out and have meets.
Next week, we are starting later every day to account for Amazon volume.

ManInBrown

Yup. And they insist we run straight air until all are delivered. Can't even mix ground after 10:30. Been a complete sheetshow for a week or two. Then to top it off they've had air drivers shuttling out more air late morning. Those are done in trace.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?

What's the deal?
UPS simply doesn't care about customer service anymore.

tourists24

In my center our start times are the latest I have ever seen in 28 years. We now have drivers starting at 9:40 in a center that runs about 85 routes. All this new age technology and we start almost an hour later than we did 20 years ago

Dr.Brownz

What's the deal?

yep we had it quite a few times the last couple weeks

In my center our start times are the latest I have ever seen in 28 years. We now have drivers starting at 9:40 in a center that runs about 85 routes. All this new age technology and we start almost an hour later than we did 20 years ago
When I started, start time was 8:00AM for drivers. 3:30 or 3:45 for preload.

iowa boy

Last month Division Manager told us to expect late air for the next two months. His solution was to start drivers 15 minutes later. Even on days air was on time and the preload was wrapped. I am located in the Midwest. Upstates answer sounds plausible, I just had not heard why.

PT,

I'm not sure if you and I have the same division manager but we were told the same thing, but it turns out our ground trailers are the ones that are late. Our air has been pretty consistent on its arrival to our building. Its hasn't been late since we were told to expect delays and starting us 20 minutes later than normal, and that was two weeks ago now.

PT,

I'm not sure if you and I have the same division manager but we were told the same thing, but it turns out our ground trailers are the ones that are late. Our air has been pretty consistent on its arrival to our building. Its hasn't been late since we were told to expect delays and starting us 20 minutes later than normal, and that was two weeks ago now.
Not sure if we share the same Division Manager but we sure could share the same avatar ID. Thinking you may be east of my Hub location.