Late/attendance from January to January

Mdet

Hi my issue is I have been working at ups for 11 years and one day my boss put me in at 2:15am and I clocked in at 2:15am and he said I was late and never changed It and a few months later he retired. So now I have to deal with it. My question Is it from January to January or is it May to May like vacations ?

542thruNthru

Hi my issue is I have been working at ups for 11 years and one day my boss put me in at 2:15am and I clocked in at 2:15am and he said I was late and never changed It and a few months later he retired. So now I have to deal with it. My question Is it from January to January or is it May to May like vacations ?
You have been late once?

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
what's the issue with being late? i just checked my last week and it says i was late wednesday. wed is our safety meeting before pcm and we couldn't get our boards because they were all updating. i was there signed in for the meeting on time but because we couldn't log in on our boards it shows me as late for that day.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Is someone trying to make this an issue for you?

Nah
what's the issue with being late? i just checked my last week and it says i was late wednesday. wed is our safety meeting before pcm and we couldn't get our boards because they were all updating. i was there signed in for the meeting on time but because we couldn't log in on our boards it shows me as late for that day.

If you signed in you'll be fine. You can change your start time in your board as well. That's what I always do when technical issues get in the way of me punching in on time, even though I was there.

JJinVA

Obviously, the only reasonable thing to do at this point is to burn the building down and scream black lives matter.

Mdet

Hey I am a union steward did anyone say anything at all?
we have a computer we sign in so we can’t change it at all.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That also means you didn’t get paid for that time. You should get that changed

Ghost in the Darkness

You gotta keep attendance a high if not highest priority. Had a day where cover driver logged and punched in my diad by mistake. Had to log it out and re-upload which takes forever... start time...pcm... drivers leaving and I'm still waiting for my diad to be ready to log in and punch in. You need to have a.m. oms leave a message for the p.m. oms to correct your punch in time so you are not late. Then when you return to the building and punch out go in the office and make sure its corrected then and there. Mistakes can happen but it your responsibility like or not to make sure its fixed asap. It sucks I know and just another thing dumped on us that we shouldn't have to fix. The problem is do you think some dikkface center manager will give you the benefit of the doubt?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
FYI if it was not a written notice then they really can't progress the discipline any further than if you had a perfect record, they simply have more "evidence", they cant just record you late 30 times and then wait multiple months to discipline you for 30 lates at the same time. It's still just going to be 1 occurance on something as recent as 2 weeks ago when you show up late. And in WR that drops off in 9 months.