A coworker recently told me about a late line, a number to call if youre going to be late. My manager seems to appreciate, but be annoyed by, when I call in to tell him im gonna be 10-30 minutes late. He's a busy guy, runs our whole wall, Id rather not bother him.

I was just wondering if this is something specific that every hub has or if he was really just contacting HR or what? Super confused. Hes worked there 5 years so if anyone would know itd be him, but its the first I've heard of such a set up and UPSersconnect gives me nothing when it comes to late or help lines. I know there are lines for reporting management is it one of these? Are there regional lines thatll transfer me to the appropriate ones? Id ask the guy myself but hes a sorter and Im a loader so I dont always see him. Plus the customer center/warehouse I work at has front desk employees that assist everyone in getting interviewed/hired maybe he just calls them? Just looking for alternatives as my supervisor changes every week, my area has been in turmoil for months now so sometimes its just the junior manager running it. Sorry for the ranty post
Hub 5544 on the offchance that a neighbor of mine is on here and actually knows wtf im talking about

I should clarify, its also for not coming in as well, a way to avoid NCNS w/o interrupting your workplace superiors activities I would imagine.

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
Don’t worry about not bothering your supervisors, it’s part of their job to know how staffed they’ll be. Call or text your FT supervisor or the PT sup who you work under any time you’ll be late or miss work.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
pictures?
159AD1CB-E6F7-4CA6-8347-CCC38CAB4E95.gif

Well its the supes (or lack thereof) thats the problem. Could have a different one today. Its my manager(s) I dont wanna bother because they manage a :censored2:load of responsibilities, people and supervisors and Im one loader from one of four areas that should have 2 supes running it, know what I mean. I got lucky I found his number on UPSersconnect since he has such a distinct name but he cant be taking those kinds of calls for everyone under him, there are too many people.

But by the way this thread :censored2:ing degenerated Im guessing no one else has heard of, or has no way to find a specific late line lmfao. Ill jusy have to grab the junior managers number

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
But by the way this thread :censored2:ing degenerated Im guessing no one else has heard of, or has no way to find a specific late line lmfao. Ill jusy have to grab the junior managers number

Your "late line" is just the phone number of the supervisor's office, not HR.
I or anyone else have never heard it called a "late line"
You call that number at least an hour before your shift starts if you are sick.
You call that number to give them a heads up if you'll be late.

It is not that complicated. Every building and shift has a specific number for staffing issues.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
A coworker recently told me about a late line, a number to call if youre going to be late. My manager seems to appreciate, but be annoyed by, when I call in to tell him im gonna be 10-30 minutes late. He's a busy guy, runs our whole wall, Id rather not bother him.

I was just wondering if this is something specific that every hub has or if he was really just contacting HR or what? Super confused. Hes worked there 5 years so if anyone would know itd be him, but its the first I've heard of such a set up and UPSersconnect gives me nothing when it comes to late or help lines. I know there are lines for reporting management is it one of these? Are there regional lines thatll transfer me to the appropriate ones? Id ask the guy myself but hes a sorter and Im a loader so I dont always see him. Plus the customer center/warehouse I work at has front desk employees that assist everyone in getting interviewed/hired maybe he just calls them? Just looking for alternatives as my supervisor changes every week, my area has been in turmoil for months now so sometimes its just the junior manager running it. Sorry for the ranty post
Hub 5544 on the offchance that a neighbor of mine is on here and actually knows wtf im talking about

Maybe you could ask the guy that told you about it For the number...