late meeting...

gypsy mcgee

We are having a "special" called meeting tommorrow. Too bad last week about 30 22.3 employees were laid off improperly. Some employees were offered bumping while others were not. I wonder if the meeting is too late or what is done is done. Very disappointing to see local handle things so poorly. I'll update Sunday night with any new news.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I talked with one of the stewards in our area. The New England supplement says that if a 22.3 is laid off from their job and the job is moved, they can follow the job to wherever it is moved. UPS must also pay 3 months cost of living and a few other things. That has been UPS' thing - they say the jobs are not "elimiminated" but "moved". Around 15 so far of 100+ in our local. Currently in arbitration. So they're guessing the company will allow the jobs to stay instead of moving them and having to pay the added expenses.

705red

Browncafe Steward
We are having a "special" called meeting tommorrow. Too bad last week about 30 22.3 employees were laid off improperly. Some employees were offered bumping while others were not. I wonder if the meeting is too late or what is done is done. Very disappointing to see local handle things so poorly. I'll update Sunday night with any new news.

243-metro detroit which is now great lakes i believe

everything is screwed up now...who to lay off and then how to handle the bumping...meeting was ummmm......
Wow, this is well written! I feel like I was at the meeting, these posts are so informative.

Next time you start a thread, please be specific on what you are attempting to talk about.

gypsy mcgee

Since there still has been no action just talk, I have only some of the info right now. Instead of every what if, I am posting things that are really happening. Each day is a new scenerio for the layoffs and then for the bumps. I am giving it as I am getting it. It really is like you were there cause you know as much as I do.