Late Planes Today?

overflowed

They absolutely could start " everyone" earlier during peak to make operations run a smoother. But peak is purely a numbers game for upper management. It's all about squeezing as much volume through the system with the least amount of labor possible with complete disregard for customer service or its employees.
Just wanted it to say it. Which it did.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Dano sure likes to muddy the waters with twisted words and all that pure Memphis lingo. But I suppose that's what a corporate apologist butt-kisser is paid to do.

It will be fine

Unless everyone in the network does all their pickups a few hours early there's not really any way to get the sort done any earlier. I hear drivers say it all the time, "why don't they start earlier?" It doesn't matter how early they start if there's no boxes to sort and the last overnight trailers don't show up until 7. Unless you change the whole network, dispatch will be about the same time everyday.
What do you hourly couriers care anyway? Sit and wait and get paid.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Unless everyone in the network does all their pickups a few hours early there's not really any way to get the sort done any earlier. I hear drivers say it all the time, "why don't they start earlier?" It doesn't matter how early they start if there's no boxes to sort and the last overnight trailers don't show up until 7. Unless you change the whole network, dispatch will be about the same time everyday.

Uh, maybe we have families who would like to see us before 9 or 10 at night, especially on Christmas Eve. Money isn't everything.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Give the man a prize! You are exactly right. Starting people earlier doesn't do any good whether it's pilots, couriers, or handlers at the hub because the freight isn't going to leave the stations any sooner than the regular CTV pull times. It won't leave the ramps any sooner than the flight depart times. If it doesn't LEAVE any sooner, it won't GET to hubs any sooner and it doesn't matter if you add a plane or 10 planes.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
They absolutely could start " everyone" earlier during peak to make operations run a smoother. But peak is purely a numbers game for upper management. It's all about squeezing as much volume through the system with the least amount of labor possible with complete disregard for customer service or its employees.

If the freight isn't scheduled to leave the station until 1955, you can start everyone as early as you want and the freight still won't leave until 1955. Ditto for the ramps. The planes won't get to the hubs any sooner whether you start people early or not.

bbsam

Staff member
If the freight isn't scheduled to leave the station until 1955, you can start everyone as early as you want and the freight still won't leave until 1955. Ditto for the ramps. The planes won't get to the hubs any sooner whether you start people early or not.
All that being the case, why does it fall on the couriers to "make up time" that doesn't exist for.the sake of stockholders?

It will be fine

All that being the case, why does it fall on the couriers to "make up time" that doesn't exist for.the sake of stockholders?
What I always tell other ISPs, failure is an option. If a trailer with 200 pieces isn't going to show up until 8:45, go ahead and dispatch your drivers and fail on what comes down. If what they pay isn't worth the time, don't provide the service.