Lawyer or Attorney

KevinMonster

Im having some problems with my car and a dealership. One of my co-workers told me to look at our Insurance because it covers a Lawyer/Attorney. Is this true?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Some of the Teamster Locals provide certain legal services, so you should contact yours.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our local covers the cost of an attorney within the network or will pay a set fee if you choose to use your own attorney.

Have you thought about going through small claims or arbitration rather than hiring a lawyer?

P

pickup

I deleted the content of the post because the one I responded to has been rightfully deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:

rod

Retired 22 years
I was always under the assumption that legal help would be provide providing your problem had something to do with UPS being involved---like being in an accident while driving your package car. I find it hard to believe legal help would be covered for you because you sue your neighbor when their plum tree drops its fruit on your side of the fence. Was I wrong all those years?

UPSGUY72

KevinMonster:938127 said:
Im having some problems with my car and a dealership. One of my co-workers told me to look at our Insurance because it covers a Lawyer/Attorney. Is this true?

Contact your state consumer protection agency they might be able to help you.

Also does your state have a lemon law? If so you might be covered under that if they can't fix your problem in so many attempts.

If your looking for money small claims court might be better for u. No lawyers are aloud for either side so someone from the dealership has to show up and explain what is going on.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My brother and myself are currently using a lawyer to settle our mother's estate. My brother works for GM and its a UAW law firm. All we have to pay are filing fees. The IBT offered legal services in a 2010 brochure, I'm not sure if this is still going on.

http://www.teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/Teamster_Privilege_Brochure_2010.pdf

Legal Services
The Teamster Privilege Legal Service makes it easy for you to get the legal help you
need to avoid and solve legal problems. A nationwide network of attorneys at more
than 2,000 law offices offers free and discounted services to members.
Legal Service benefits include:
★ No enrollment charge or annual fee
★ A free initial consultation with a lawyer of up to 30 minutes (in person or over
the phone)
★ Free document explanation and review
★ Free follow-up letter or phone call, if likely to resolve a legal matter.
★ Most additional services are discounted by 30% (including attorney’s hourly
rates and flat fees for most common legal cases.)
★ Lawyer referrals available online
For participating lawyers near you call 1-888-993-8886 or go to www.teamster.org
and click on Teamster Privilege Program to find a lawyer onlin

Last edited:

whiskers

A pre-paid lawyer (or something like that) is available through UPSERS.com. I don't know the details, but it's there.

rod

Retired 22 years
My brother and myself are currently using a lawyer to settle our mother's estate. My brother works for GM and its a UAW law firm. All we have to pay are filing fees. The IBT offered legal services in a 2010 brochure, I'm not sure if this is still going on.

http://www.teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/Teamster_Privilege_Brochure_2010.pdf

Legal Services
The Teamster Privilege Legal Service makes it easy for you to get the legal help you
need to avoid and solve legal problems. A nationwide network of attorneys at more
than 2,000 law offices offers free and discounted services to members.
Legal Service benefits include:
★ No enrollment charge or annual fee
★ A free initial consultation with a lawyer of up to 30 minutes (in person or over
the phone)
★ Free document explanation and review
★ Free follow-up letter or phone call, if likely to resolve a legal matter.
★ Most additional services are discounted by 30% (including attorney’s hourly
rates and flat fees for most common legal cases.)
★ Lawyer referrals available online
For participating lawyers near you call 1-888-993-8886 or go to www.teamster.org
and click on Teamster Privilege Program to find a lawyer onlin

Everything here is basically what any lawyer would do if you checked with them first. Maybe not the 30% off but most times that only means they jacked the price up 30% to begin with.