Cotton a-shirt
Synth thermal
Cotton sweatshirt
Uniform shirt
Uniform vest
Uniform windbreaker

Toboggan aka beanie

Mechanix gloves

And... it's +30°friend. Dunno how yall Northerners do it :)

NXA

It's funny how different folks are, some guys in my center are in short sleeves, some guys make me look like I'm dressed for summer.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Down:
Boxers
Cotton sweat pants
Uniform trousers

Up:
Cotton a-shirt
Synth thermal
Cotton sweatshirt
Uniform shirt
Uniform vest
Uniform windbreaker

Toboggan aka beanie

Mechanix gloves

Damn! That's heavier than I dress for -10!

Below 0 I go as such:

Down:
Underwear
Underarmour cold gear pants
Uniform pants

Top:
Underarmour cold gear long sleeved shirt
White T Shirt
V-neck sweater vest
Uniform long sleeved shirt
Uniform vest

Balaclava
Uniform beanie cap
Leather mechanic's gloves

Above 0 it's the same thing but I omit the balaclava and sweater vest. Above 20 I omit the Underarmour shirt too, and above freezing all the Underarmour comes off.

Last edited:

watdaflock?

Cotton is your first mistake.

All seriousness, go with wool or polypropylene for the underlayer win.

*Does UPS offer Gore Tex vests or jackets?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Down:
Boxers
Cotton sweat pants
Uniform trousers

Up:
Cotton a-shirt
Synth thermal
Cotton sweatshirt
Uniform shirt
Uniform vest
Uniform windbreaker

Toboggan aka beanie

Mechanix gloves

Lol 30+ would of meant pants shirt and vest. I would lose the vest around 10:30 am likely.

Nothing underneath. Not even underwear.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Crank up the heat in the cab. Get out and QUICKLY lower trailer landing gear, pull air lines and pull 5th wheel and quickly hop back in cab. No layers needed

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I'd be sweating bullets if I wore all of that in 30 degrees.

Today it is 16 degrees and I just have pants, a shirt, a hat, and a jacket. Anything colder and I break out the gloves. Below 5 is when I consider wearing under armour. Mostly depends on the wind. If it's below 0 I always wear under armour.

You really learn to appreciate layers when the average temperature in January is 12.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I wear shorts all year around, even if it gets down into the 20's or teens. The only time I wear pants is if it is snowing, which usually only happens a few times each winter. In December of 2013 it got down to 8 degrees once which is about the coldest it has ever been here, and I wore shorts. I am hardcore.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The pants make my butt look fat. Plus there are a lot of women on the route that would be disappointed if they didn't get to gaze longingly at my bare legs each day. Gotta keep my customers happy!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It's funny how different folks are, some guys in my center are in short sleeves, some guys make me look like I'm dressed for summer.
I was walking around yesterday in short sleeve T-shirt and the Nanooks were pointing at me and telling to put some clothes on. It was 37 degrees and a little wind ... it felt refreshing to me.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I wear shorts all year around, even if it gets down into the 20's or teens. The only time I wear pants is if it is snowing, which usually only happens a few times each winter. In December of 2013 it got down to 8 degrees once which is about the coldest it has ever been here, and I wore shorts. I am hardcore.
Hardcore is a euphemism for: nuts, crazy, ... OK somebody help me out.

NXA

The pants make my butt look fat. Plus there are a lot of women on the route that would be disappointed if they didn't get to gaze longingly at my bare legs each day. Gotta keep my customers happy!
Whoever told you that didn't do you any favors. :) My second summer delivering packages in the 95/95 was my first time wearing shorts since gradeschool.

UPSGUY72

Down:
Boxers
Cotton sweat pants
Uniform trousers

Up:
Cotton a-shirt
Synth thermal
Cotton sweatshirt
Uniform shirt
Uniform vest
Uniform windbreaker

Toboggan aka beanie

Mechanix gloves

bottoms

underwear
synth thermals
UPS pants

Upper

T-shirt
synth thermals
turtle neck
brown shirt
UPS shirt
UPS vest.

baseball cap.

no gloves.

Everyday no matter if it's 30° or 10° below zero.

If I'm still working at night and it below zero or very close I will wear UPS brown beanie but that's only on rare occasions. I near where a coat but I will bring one with me on really cold days just ion case I break down.

I live for Brown

We have had a record breaking coldest, numerous record setting cold, even my Diad kept freezing and I have tried numerous gloves that should work with it but don't so I wear work gloves with rubber and cut off the thumb n forefinger off. I have a one piece full under armor zip up and turtleneck long sleeve shirt and heavy jacket and still trying to find a hat for my big head that doesn't itch like crazy!! It's finally going to be above freezing next week for weeks I may break out the shorts!!! I honestly can handle the cold better than the hot summer heat, props to all the southerners, you guys are troopers!