Layoff days?

HardknocksUPSer

If a center has a group of guys going driving (this summer) and new hires are being hired now (no spots open on the belt for new workers) does that mean some of the higher seniority loaders will most likely be asked if they want to take lay off days? Or will management wait till the guys go driving to train the new hires? I would imagine management would want to train the new hires as soon as possible to fill the spots of the loaders going driving? What effect will this have on the loaders already loading?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If a center has a group of guys going driving (this summer) and new hires are being hired now (no spots open on the belt for new workers) does that mean some of the higher seniority loaders will most likely be asked if they want to take lay off days? Or will management wait till the guys go driving to train the new hires? I would imagine management would want to train the new hires as soon as possible to fill the spots of the loaders going driving? What effect will this have on the loaders already loading?
What the hell are you asking?? Asked to take lay off days...you mean asked if you want a day off?

Bottom rung

He wants to know if the new employees will be trained before the one's who've won bids go full time. The answer is no. They will wait as long as possible to train them.

Oak

Lol on to the next question, can I be asked to move from the trucks I currently load? My trucks suck but it gives me 15mins extra each day.
They can put you anywhere they like. However, a higher seniority employee can grieve the extra hours worked by a lesser seniority employee. You may have to ask to work till things are wrapped up? Check your supplement.

PT Car Washer

They can put you anywhere they like. However, a higher seniority employee can grieve the extra hours worked by a lesser seniority employee. You may have to ask to work till things are wrapped up? Check your supplement.
In my building the higher seniority people are always the first to leave or take days off.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Only around a month seniority now, since I started as a free hire, but I'm quickly gaining more as people quit, go driving, and get fired.
You may be gaining seniority. But you will have a long way to go before you're near the top for PTers.