Layoff

Hanz90

Ok so I found out from my center shop steward that I got laid off because the business manager told him that the reason I got laid off was because I was put on a training route and didn’t scratch. He asked me if it was true and I said absolutely not. I was in progress of doing my 30 days and I was not put with a sup to scratch on a training route. So basically I got screwed. These people just lie through their teeth. Aren’t they aware there are records of me being with a sup? I asked the shop steward to pull records. Cause I know I didn’t have the opportunity to scratch. And last but not least, a collegea of mine scratched and still got laid off. Doesn’t make any sense

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Ok so I found out from my center shop steward that I got laid off because the business manager told him that the reason I got laid off was because I was put on a training route and didn’t scratch. He asked me if it was true and I said absolutely not. I was in progress of doing my 30 days and I was not put with a sup to scratch on a training route. So basically I got screwed. These people just lie through their teeth. Aren’t they aware there are records of me being with a sup? I asked the shop steward to pull records. Cause I know I didn’t have the opportunity to scratch. And last but not least, a collegea of mine scratched and still got laid off. Doesn’t make any sense
Are you laid off or fired? Are they cutting routes?

Turdferguson

Just a turd

That doesn't seem fair. I would fight that crap.

542thruNthru

I'm confused. How many days did you run the route? Did a sup ride with you at all in the first 3 days?

Wally

They laid me off. I still have my uniform and badge.
It could be that things are light right now. Did you come from the hub or off the street?

Not saying this is you, but many new drivers really don't realize how bad they are doing.

Hanz90

I'm confused. How many days did you run the route? Did a sup ride with you at all in the first 3 days?
From the start of my 30 days I never rode with a sup. I was on 4 different routes. And that was only because I was covering cause guys were on vacation. I was never given the opportunity to scratch. But they lied and said I was put on a route for 5 days and never scratched. Which is total bull.

Hanz90

It could be that things are light right now. Did you come from the hub or off the street?

Not saying this is you, but many new drivers really don't realize how bad they are doing.
I started off as a seasonal driver. Then they kept me and started my 30 days January 11th. Then was told on my 23rd day “we will contact you when we need you”

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Sounds like they,are,trying to clown Hanz. Can't run scratch when they don't give Hanz a fair chance.

542thruNthru

From the start of my 30 days I never rode with a sup. I was on 4 different routes. And that was only because I was covering cause guys were on vacation. I was never given the opportunity to scratch. But they lied and said I was put on a route for 5 days and never scratched. Which is total bull.

Your steward has the right to request the numbers of your probation period. It will show what routes and how you did on them. I also believe it will show if a sup was present on any of those day. Ask him to do it and contact your BA to file on it.

542thruNthru

I started off as a seasonal driver. Then they kept me and started my 30 days January 11th. Then was told on my 23rd day “we will contact you when we need you”

Depending where you are I do not believe they have to give you consecutive 30 days. You may not have actually failed yet. They may just not have the work available to work you right now.

Wally

Yep, you are toast. The center manager just doesn't have the nads to tell you.

Hanz90

Sounds like they,are,trying to clown Hanz. Can't run scratch when they don't give Hanz a fair chance.
And I know I can do the work.
Your steward has the right to request the numbers of your probation period. It will show what routes and how you did on them. I also believe it will show if a sup was present on any of those day. Ask him to do it and contact your BA to file on it.
to be clear I didn’t scratch any of those routes. Each and everyone of those routes I went on blind. And I went on them only once. Never did the same route 2 days in a row.