Layoffs

OKLABob

Can they lay-off from the bottom up for full time employees? All the years I’ve been with ups they’ve always went top to bottom?

KevinWhipaloo

I'm a recent hired preload still on probation, about 20 days in of my 30. My hub was slammed this week, I worked until almost 10:00 in the morning. My supervisor hasn't said anything about me, good or bad, would I be on jeopardy of being laid off?

Overpaid Union Thug

Can they lay-off from the bottom up for full time employees? All the years I’ve been with ups they’ve always went top to bottom?
Depends on your supplement. In mine, which is the southern, if it’s a daily layoff they ask from the top down. If it’s for a whole week they just asked for volunteers and go by seniority. In the history of our center we have never had to have layoffs where full-time drivers worked in the building for more than a week. But there is language for that and it requires being notified a week in advance. Or something like that.

OKLABob

I’m a full time driver they are trying to force single day lay offs from the bottom up. The last 5 years I’ve drove it’s been volunteer top and force if it makes it to the bottom.(never does)

Up In Smoke

In our barn, the company must post a schedule prior to anyone going home on their last scheduled day of work. If you have a start time, you show up and work. If you are listed as layoff, you inform the company if you are choosing to collect unemployment or bumping into the sorts. "On call" took some work to eliminate, but it's gone.

seekz

Side note. Hearing from a pretty reputable driver he talks with our center manager daily and has mentioned possible layoffs as volume is decreasing rapidly. Anyone having the same volume or less?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
In our barn, the company must post a schedule prior to anyone going home on their last scheduled day of work. If you have a start time, you show up and work. If you are listed as layoff, you inform the company if you are choosing to collect unemployment or bumping into the sorts. "On call" took some work to eliminate, but it's gone.
Barn?
upload_2020-3-6_19-36-58.jpeg