Layoffs

UPS has predicted layoffs as the loss of business packages won’t make up for the gain of residential deliveries. Who goes first? UPS workers or Union workers?

Dumbo

First off that guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Also "Large scale layoffs" is a relative term. Does that mean laying off the bottom 2 or 3 guys across all centers just for a week or 2? Or does it mean permanently letting go 30% of the work force?

Truth is that nobody, even our brightest economical minds, know what is actually going to happen. It depends on so many factors: how fast the virus is gone, how much stimulus money is injected, etc. For UPS it depends on how large the center is, what types of routes are in it, how short they are on drivers, etc.

Nobody knows. My guess is that it will stay busy. You'd be surprised by how much business the government designates as essential.

All anybody is doing is guessing. Some idiotic union guy doesn't know :censored2: except what he and his buddies gossip about while smoking cigars on the golf course.

yadadamean116

First off that guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Also "Large scale layoffs" is a relative term. Does that mean laying off the bottom 2 or 3 guys across all centers just for a week or 2? Or does it mean permanently letting go 30% of the work force?

Truth is that nobody, even our brightest economical minds, know what is actually going to happen. It depends on so many factors: how fast the virus is gone, how much stimulus money is injected, etc. For UPS it depends on how large the center is, what types of routes are in it, how short they are on drivers, etc.

Nobody knows. My guess is that it will stay busy. You'd be surprised by how much business the government designates as essential.

All anybody is doing is guessing. Some idiotic union guy doesn't know :censored2: except what he and his buddies gossip about while smoking cigars on the golf course.
Means permanently letting go of 75%. Start your work search ASAP

Jetboat1

What exactly is the seniority order for full timers bumping part timers. Can a full timers with one year bump of a part time with 6 year?

Superteeth2478

What exactly is the seniority order for full timers bumping part timers. Can a full timers with one year bump of a part time with 6 year?
Sadly (in my opinion), a full-timer who just attained seniority can bump a part-timer even if they have 30 years in. Part-time seniority should count for something when it comes to this, but it doesn't.

Superteeth2478

then quit whining it’s a part time job
Actually I'm not speaking for myself in the first place here...I really don't have to work at all, as I have income from other sources. But you didn't disappoint, I knew you would chime in at some point with your full-time elitism...it's not surprising the union is in poor shape seeing as how this is how "brotherhood" goes here...