Laziness? Unfamiliar? Or am I an butthole?

atronatomic

Hey guys and gals!
Been lurking on Browncafe for a while but this is my first post.
Let me start by saying that I'm still relatively new to UPS (6 months) and work the preload shift. I can honestly say that I love my job and most of the people I work with. I'm in my 20s, have a wife and child in school. I more or less started to work at UPS to help get in shape and make some extra pocket change (recently went through a MAJOR career shift and focus is now on my wife's endevours).
As far as I can tell, especially reading on how other hubs operate, I can tell that our hub is pretty cool. Our Supervisors are awesome, upper managemt is legit (although I know our SUPs catch the stank), union stewards are good, the shift always seems to run smooth, and most of us have a good time while we do it. Safety is encouraged everyday.
Now for the not so good...
This is my first Union job. I was origionally born and raised in a Union city and my Grandpa was a HUGE UAW member/supporter. I can understand and completely respect what Unions have done for America. Please don't get me wrong or think I'm a union hater.
So...with that said, I'll cut to the chase.
In my hub, which like I said, is really lax compared to most (from what I've read about on here), the only people that seem to be causing issues and problems are the super gung-ho union members.
I keep being told by a select few to "stop working so hard, you don't get paid by the package", "better find a buddy to put that bulk up, it'll probably take more time", "just leave it"...all sorts of stuff. I shrug it off and chug on but I'm wondering if this is the same everywhere.
I understand plateauing or getting burned out on a job but it seems that these folks are intentionally being :censored2:s just to be :censored2:s. My biggest fear is that this ISN'T what my Grandpa would imagine.
Which brings me to my most important question...
Am I an :censored2: for thinking this way?
(Seriously)

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I don't---I was just being a smart ass.
You, being a smart ass????!nooooooooo
image.jpg