Lazy !!! Obama's description of himself.

island1fox

Quote : " There is a deep down underneath all the work I do, I think there is a laziness in me". "It is probably from, you know, growing up in Hawaii and its sunny outside and sitting on the beach"

Is word for word close enough ???

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Quote : " There is a deep down underneath all the work I do, I think there is a laziness in me". "It is probably from, you know, growing up in Hawaii and its sunny outside and sitting on the beach"

Is word for word close enough ???

That's better ... he did not say he was lazy.

I remember in an IE Workshop back in the 80's an instructor stating that it helps to be a little lazy because it helps you to look for smarter ways to get the job done.
I don't think he was saying that IEs or Operations management should be lazy.

Many overachievers say they are that way because they fight their feelings of being lazy or they fight their felling of inferiority.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Obama's comment is actually fairly typical of the way a lot of Type A, over achievers see themselves. You can probably find the psychological study(s) on google, but basically one of the things that drives them is the feeling that they're never doing enough, that deep down they're really lazy and they have to constantly work to fight of that laziness (this is a problem I have never had, btw :happy2:).
Politics aside, it takes a pretty driven person to get elected president. If he really was lazy he'd be doing something else.

edit- hoax posted basically the same thing while I was typing....

island1fox

Overachievers ?? Wow --unless you mean by attaining the position of President --even if you are ineffective and apparently over your head.

Demonstrating zero leadership abilities and playing golf every other day--I certainly would not be stating that there is a deep down laziness in me --while I am trying to be re-elected to fix a faltering economy !!

Hoax --He did not say he was lazy --just a deep down laziness in him --Sounds like Clinton's definition of sex--I will just leave it at that.

Bottom line for me --it did not inspire me to have any confidence in him--not exactly a re-election campaign slogan.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Obama's comment is actually fairly typical of the way a lot of Type A, over achievers see themselves. You can probably find the psychological study(s) on google, but basically one of the things that drives them is the feeling that they're never doing enough, that deep down they're really lazy and they have to constantly work to fight of that laziness (this is a problem I have never had, btw :happy2:).
Politics aside, it takes a pretty driven person to get elected president. If he really was lazy he'd be doing something else.

edit- hoax posted basically the same thing while I was typing....
Go live in Hawaii......everybody seems lazy........even my daughter,......It's like "don't worry be happy" should be the state motto. That's why I never stay longer than 10 or 11 days. It drives me nuts. I'm a doer.....do it now, get it done, check it off the list, now what's next?

His slogan could be, "I'm lazy, too lazy for vetting......Czars it is !! Too lazy for Congress......Executive Orders for me!

804brown

What leader would describe themselves as lazy ?? Before I get attacked -remember --his own words not mine.:happy2:

This is a "current event"?? This is pathetic and petty and a waste of people's time. I want to thank some of the pathetic political junkies on here for helping me expand my "new year's resolution". Added to the list: spend more time with my family AND NOT ON BROWN CAFE. Spend more time reading several books Ive neglected to read AND NOT ON BROWN CAFE trying to answer all the nonsense. I think I will stick with the local 804 thread (for what its worth) and the OWS thread. Happy new year to all.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Go live in Hawaii......everybody seems lazy........even my daughter,......It's like "don't worry be happy" should be the state motto. That's why I never stay longer than 10 or 11 days. It drives me nuts. I'm a doer.....do it now, get it done, check it off the list, now what's next?
I lived there for a couple years, but I was already lazy :wink2:.
You sound like Obama, running from yer demons...

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is a "current event"?? This is pathetic and petty and a waste of people's time. I want to thank some of the pathetic political junkies on here for helping me expand my "new year's resolution". Added to the list: spend more time with my family AND NOT ON BROWN CAFE. Spend more time reading several books Ive neglected to read AND NOT ON BROWN CAFE trying to answer all the nonsense. I think I will stick with the local 804 thread (for what its worth) and the OWS thread. Happy new year to all.
No, the true pathetic waste of people's time is talking hockey in the current events section.........that's really pathetic!!
Anything the president does or says has far reaching effects and that makes it a current event. Enjoy the family!

island1fox

Wow, I might have to agree with 804 --who cares about what Obama has to say --certainly not a current event. We will not miss you --enjoy !!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Obama reaches a new milestone, having gone golfing 90 times in less than three years as president.
That’s about three months of golf, given that the excursions generally take about five hours — much of the useful portion of the day. What’s more, it’s the 32nd time he’s been on the links this year, a record for the president.
His 32 outings eclipses the 2010 mark of 30 and is far ahead of his 2009 tally of 28 rounds as president.

wkmac

Obama reaches a new milestone, having gone golfing 90 times in less than three years as president.
That’s about three months of golf, given that the excursions generally take about five hours — much of the useful portion of the day. What’s more, it’s the 32nd time he’s been on the links this year, a record for the president.
His 32 outings eclipses the 2010 mark of 30 and is far ahead of his 2009 tally of 28 rounds as president.

If he's out on the golf course and not in Washington, this would mean he can't makes things worse, right?

Think before you bitch!