Leadership Changes

bagpipes

And 7 days in, already a slew of retirement announcements. Expecting more changes and shuffling around in 2016...

UPSProbs

And 7 days in, already a slew of retirement announcements. Expecting more changes and shuffling around in 2016...
Candidates that want to be promoted are becoming scarce. Look for difficulty filling positions with qualified individuals in mid level management ranks.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
LTIP is eligible for employees at the old Management Level 20 or above (I retired in 2013).
Level 20 is eligible up to $250,000 a year but very hard to get that.
Typical actual LTIP for a 20 is more like $80,000 - 125,000.
Not worth it to me.

I remember the first year LTIP was in place, the main parameter was to cut management employees or as they like to say "seats" or "head count".
There was no Business Process Engineering done before the elimination of the positions ... they just dumped the responsibilities on employees who were already assigned responsibilities beyond their ability to do a quality job.
UPS spent millions on teaching Business Process Engineering to eliminate Non-Value Added Processes and improve current processes but apparently none of the management responsible for deciding "head count" even knew what it was.