"Leading with Integrity" or against him? What side will you choose?

Integrity

Binge Poster
I come in the name of "the Truth" and I come in peace.

I have no hatred, malice or bitterness for UPS or any UPS employee, management or hourly. I want no one to get into trouble or lose their job as a result of my arrival.

I have great hopes that everyone will set their sails for the winds of change that will shortly be blowing to help all UPSers in "leading with integrity" and not against him.

I

Last edited:

island1fox

INTEGRITY,
I have seen you ,lived with and worked with you. I have no problem with you.
I have no problem -when some violate you and receive just punishment.

I do have problems when some people try to turn you into something you are not.
To clarify this I will look back in history to the Salem Witch hunts. A real ,live ,evil doing witch has to dealt with. Too many innocent people were branded witches or warlocks and were crucified wrongly.
All too often in my 36 years at UPS I witnessed Salem Witch hunts done in your name.
Some of the results were tragic to some very good people.
Integrity is a very simple issue with me ----Just look in the mirror --you will know if you are a partner with true Integrity ---or you will know major changes --only you can do will have to happen.

The Milkman

I come in the name of "the Truth" and I come in peace.

I have no hatred, malice or bitterness for UPS or any UPS employee, management or hourly. I want no one to get into trouble or lose their job as a result of my arrival.

I have great hopes that everyone will set their sails for the winds of change that will shortly be blowing to help all UPSers in "leading with integrity" and not against him.

I
When I was a Junior member back in 81 I think I can remember that word being tossed around. Little by little it went away. After going Public it was IMHO gone..Try as I may, back then it was hard to understand management thinking. I was once proud to wear the Shield. Then by the time I retired last January I see the new wave of corporate America going down the tubes with Bottom Lines being the main focus.. Jim Casey founded this great company with Service in mind ,and Service made us.

All the outsourceing of Jobs, all the press 1 for English crap, and big CEO salaries are the norm now and I think we will soon be a 3rd world country if we keep selling ourselves out..Think back if you are old enough to remember the 50's-80's all the manufacturing jobs that had help wanted ads friend/T in daily papers. Now everything is service jobs and P/T..Where did we as a country go wrong?? Outrageous salaries of CEO's and their cronies, celebrate while the guys on the front lines have to fight for a 2-3% raise.

What is the future for todays kids down the road??? Hopefully things will improve if not then someday we will all be History including UPS.:whiteflag:

UPS Lifer

Milkman,
Though there are a lot of good points in your statement you focus too much on "corporate America".

It was only a matter of time before our standard of living caught up with us and became our enemy. When a company can go overseas and get a person to make 500 pcs of clothes for less than $5 a day ... again it was only a matter of time. When illegal aliens can cross our borders and work for less than any self respecting American will work for ... it was only on matter of time. When plumbers make $80 an hour ... it was only a matter of time. When truck drivers make $30 an hour ... it was only a matter of time. When a company agrees to a union contract that pays employees their salary when they are laid off.... well, it was only a matter of time.

America needs to regain the global advantage by casting off greed allowing companies to thrive by reducing taxes and undue regulation and once again, bringing innovation, cooperation and that intangible American Spirit and ... it will only be a matter of time!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Integrity begins with I
I will wait for a person who is disabled even though my truck is bulging at the seams, I would want that if it were me.
I will wait on someone unfamiliar with our process, because I would want that if it were me.
I will stand in the office and be berated because I know I did the right thing, when the numbers lie about what I did.
I am unafraid , about being in trouble for what I know , is good for the company I work for.
I
cannot be convinced to do other than what I know is right.

D

Dis-organized Labor

INTEGRITY:
I strive to make you present and obviously apparent in my operation;
I insist upon you with the people reporting to me;
I expect that those working around me understand the basic, fundamental importance of the line above;
If there is a breakdown of INTEGRITY; I expect my people to recognize; react; correct; or bring it to my attention.
I appreciate the work my people do on a daily basis and I expect them to pass on the same accolades to the their fellow workers; when the conditions warrant.
Finally, I expect that INTEGRITY is something that never needs questioing; and if it does; we will give the utmost attention to it and never question those that bring it to our attention.

"Staff First; Customer's Next; Shareholder's Third".. Sir Richard Branson

Last edited by a moderator:

The Milkman

Milkman,
Though there are a lot of good points in your statement you focus too much on "corporate America".

It was only a matter of time before our standard of living caught up with us and became our enemy. When a company can go overseas and get a person to make 500 pcs of clothes for less than $5 a day ... again it was only a matter of time. When illegal aliens can cross our borders and work for less than any self respecting American will work for ... it was only on matter of time. When plumbers make $80 an hour ... it was only a matter of time. When truck drivers make $30 an hour ... it was only a matter of time. When a company agrees to a union contract that pays employees their salary when they are laid off.... well, it was only a matter of time.

America needs to regain the global advantage by casting off greed allowing companies to thrive by reducing taxes and undue regulation and once again, bringing innovation, cooperation and that intangible American Spirit and ... it will only be a matter of time!

Greed sometimes consumes people and warps their thinking... Enron, Madoff, who will be next..If things don't change you are right it is only a matter of time:anxious:

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Integrity means doing the right thing when nobody is looking, when you're tired and want to go home, when you know you're gonna get yelled at.

It's looking in the mirror at the end of the day and knowing that despite all the shortcuts, you always take the high road.

JustTired

free at last.......
Integrity is a great thing. Unfortunately, it is seen as just another "buzzword" or "flavor of the month" by those who will use it for their own personal benefit.

For it to be true integrity, it must be practiced by everyone from top to bottom. I will go out on a limb (a very short one) and proclaim that it will never happen. As long as there is money involved and stockholders to please, integrity will take a backseat. You can't ask one to act with integrity unless you are willing to do the same.
One bad apple can (and does) spoil the whole crate.

UPS Lifer

Integrity is a great thing. Unfortunately, it is seen as just another "buzzword" or "flavor of the month" by those who will use it for their own personal benefit.

For it to be true integrity, it must be practiced by everyone from top to bottom. I will go out on a limb (a very short one) and proclaim that it will never happen. As long as there is money involved and stockholders to please, integrity will take a backseat. You can't ask one to act with integrity unless you are willing to do the same.
One bad apple can (and does) spoil the whole crate.

I am not sure that I would define integrity as a buzzword or flavor of the month but I do know one thing, I couldn't sleep at night if I didn't practice it. It does not matter what the next guy does ... above or below you.

I used to tell my supervisors that they should conduct their life like their mother is standing right behind them and when they are at work .... like I am standing right behind them.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I am not sure that I would define integrity as a buzzword or flavor of the month but I do know one thing, I couldn't sleep at night if I didn't practice it. It does not matter what the next guy does ... above or below you.

I used to tell my supervisors that they should conduct their life like their mother is standing right behind them and when they are at work .... like I am standing right behind them.
Are you really sure you don't want to come back to work? :please:

D

Dis-organized Labor

I will come down on you hard if you lie to my people;
I will protect my people that are moved to new jobs which they are not trained for and in whcich I know they will not receive Training;
I will appreciate my Front Line people; in and outside of the Airline.
I will promote UPS as the best Company in the world to outsiders and air my issues internally and/or on BC!!!!
I will also pass this philosophy onto my Supervisors.
I will hope that UPSSOCKS reads and agrees with these comments

DOL

UPSSOCKS

Integrity:

I do not believe in it.
I do not have any.
I have been lied to.
I know how it feels.
I now want to lie to other people.
I want to treat people how I was treated when I first started.
I want them to feel my pain.

UPS is a competitive place and we made it this way. Anyone will stab you to advance. I just make sure I stab first....

S

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Integrity:

I do not believe in it.
I do not have any.
I have been lied to.
I know how it feels.

UPS is a competitive place and we made it this way. Anyone will stab you to advance. I just make sure I stab first....

S
Basing your lack of integrity on the premise that you were lied to first just shows that you had no integrity to begin with.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Integrity:

I do not believe in it.
I do not have any.
I have been lied to.
I know how it feels.

S

Dear S,

It doesn't have to be this way. You can change for the better.

You're either with me or you're against me!

Sincerely,

I

Hawaii50

Integrity:

I do not believe in it.
I do not have any.
I have been lied to.
I know how it feels.

S

I can relate to this. There are some management and employees when they stab first they deliver the coup de grace. There are some horror stories in UPS Hawaii. That I believe don't happen on the continental US.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I can relate to this. There are some management and employees when they stab first they deliver the coup de grace. There are some horror stories in UPS Hawaii. That I believe don't happen on the continental US.

It doesn't have to be that way. You can help me change it for the better. Don't you have any hope for change?

I