Least favorite customers/things to ship or handle

JackOfClubs

PT Bureaucrat
1. Foot Locker. Every time I get it in my smalls area, it's always a straight shot, and the packages are so big only about 3 of them fit in one nylon bag.

On my sort, many of them come to smalls, while on Twilight the sort aisle just sends them to the belts. A little consistency would be nice (is that IE or Management's fault?)

Furthermore, their distribution center is in central Kansas and I am at Lenexa, so the number of loads we get from them on any given day is always a surprise.

2. The State of Oklahoma. I spent about 8 months in an outbound trailer headed for OKC. If any of you are there, it's a miracle if your packages arrived from Lenexa intact. Those trailers are so heavy they're like trash compactors.

3. Kansas City Steak Company during peak season. The belt stops... The horror! The horror!

4. Scholastic. Books are second only to dark matter in terms of "heaviest substance in the universe". A straight shot of those can kill you.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I'm hesitant to touch any RS package with this logo on them. They are DIY at home stool samples. How many do you think actually wash their hands before packaging them?

ht_140815_cologuard_closed_kit_800x600.jpg

km3

2. The State of Oklahoma. I spent about 8 months in an outbound trailer headed for OKC. If any of you are there, it's a miracle if your packages arrived from Lenexa intact. Those trailers are so heavy they're like trash compactors.

Our Oklahoma trailer is jacked up too. Only one guy could hold it down on his own, and he switched areas. But because he could do it, it's officially a "one man trailer."

Paper. Have you ever been blasted by paper on a set of TOFC rollers? I have. Up to as many as 50 boxes at one time. All 50 lbs each. Not fun. Makes it easy to build a few good walls, though.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I'm hesitant to touch any RS package with this logo on them. They are DIY at home stool samples. How many do you think actually wash their hands before packaging them?
uh huh. you do the same after peeing in a bottle right?
Package drivers are the dirtiest

JackOfClubs

PT Bureaucrat
Paper. Have you ever been blasted by paper on a set of TOFC rollers? I have. Up to as many as 50 boxes at one time. All 50 lbs each. Not fun. Makes it easy to build a few good walls, though.

Many, many times. By the way, a plague upon whoever thinks we should still have TOFC rollers.

km3

Many, many times. By the way, a plague upon whoever thinks we should still have TOFC rollers.

There are some trailers that are way too light to put an extendo in. But for every one of those, there are about 7 doors that desperately need to be upgraded to an extendo.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Once (when I was local sort) a vetrenarian shipped a dead Great Dane (or possibly a deer) 125lb package had to be loaded into trailer via catwalk. I noticed something really smelled foul around that bulk cart but didn't think much of it (95* that day, so I figured it was me). Grabbed the box and felt bones! Was all WTFFFFFFFFF for a min, the guy who brought it back was laughing hysterically. Read the label, going to University of XXXXXXX for testing. And on the side was a piece of paper with a hand drawn biohazard symbol..Looked at PT sup, "is this even legal?" He didn't care. Lifted it up to the catwalk, and when I set it down a big puff of air shot out of the corner of the box right into my mouth!! Dry heaved for a while but nothing came out.

TLDR; dead animals

Fnix

Stuff that is too large to properly carry on a handcart and then you have to push it up an inclined driveway with cars blocking the the driveway and the only way around is up dirt and than the door is blocked by potted plants and boxes.

Box Ox

Tires. I can usually dump a treadmill or 150 pound furniture out the back. But tires are always in a terrible spot. Miserable to dig/pull a whole set out of the blowout. Stuff loaded in/around/on them. And the rubber surface holding onto whatever's around it.

AlphaMikeBravo

A few times a week I have to deliver boxes of motor oil to a few car dealerships on my route. They order about 15-20 at a time. I can only put so much on my hand cart since they weigh a ton, so I have to make several trips. One time one of the oil canisters leaked all over my 2000-6000 section and on to the floor. Of course my ORS at the time wanted me to avoid sheeting packages damaged, so the whole day I had to try to get a hold of every customer to tell them that theIr package was FUBAR so I could technically sheet it as refused instead of getting dinged for a damage each time. Even after the package car was cleaned, for the next few days almost every package in the 2000-6000 section had an oily bottom.

Over 70

Tires. I can usually dump a treadmill or 150 pound furniture out the back. But tires are always in a terrible spot. Miserable to dig/pull a whole set out of the blowout. Stuff loaded in/around/on them. And the rubber surface holding onto whatever's around it.

Tires WITH THE RIMS already mounted even worse. Heavier and no where good to grab. 8 or more tires in your blown out 700 during peak....

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Once (when I was local sort) a vetrenarian shipped a dead Great Dane (or possibly a deer) 125lb package had to be loaded into trailer via catwalk. I noticed something really smelled foul around that bulk cart but didn't think much of it (95* that day, so I figured it was me). Grabbed the box and felt bones! Was all WTFFFFFFFFF for a min, the guy who brought it back was laughing hysterically. Read the label, going to University of XXXXXXX for testing. And on the side was a piece of paper with a hand drawn biohazard symbol..Looked at PT sup, "is this even legal?" He didn't care. Lifted it up to the catwalk, and when I set it down a big puff of air shot out of the corner of the box right into my mouth!! Dry heaved for a while but nothing came out.

TLDR; dead animals
When I was still on preload, we had a bucket of dead rats come down the belt addressed to the local university. That bad boy cracked open and the stench was unbearable.

Poop Head

Judge me.
When I was still on preload, we had a bucket of dead rats come down the belt addressed to the local university. That bad boy cracked open and the stench was unbearable.
Treat as a hazard. Don't touch. Leave the area. Notify supervisor.

Also, how can people be allowed to ship dead animals? Especially without any kind of freeze packs or anything?!?!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Automotive leaf springs for guys lifting their 4x4's. They are heavy, long, curved, and impossible to load on a handtruck. They have bolts sticking out of the brackets that hold them together so they catch on everything. And they are always ordered in sets of 4. You cant load them on a shelf, so preload just waits to the end of the shift and throws them into a pile in the middle of the floor for you to step over/around all day.