Leaving personal belongings in truck.

Do you leave your personal belongings in your truck?

• I take my stuff out over the weekend.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
4 times in the last 3 months I have had either a cup (one of those hard plastic cups with the screw on lids that you get at the gas stations) or a water bottle or both taken out of my truck never to be seen again. I'm pissed. I have to buy these. I took it to mgt again this morning and again the response I got was, "Don't leave them in your truck." BULLSCHIATT!!!! Every single rte in this center has drivers water cups, water bottles, coffee cups and even money (coins) in the cab. I know, I've done all of them. When I did those rtes I put the cups/bottles in the back so I can have room for my stuff in the cab. Not once have I ever gotten into the change that's left in the cab, nor have I ever thrown away cups/bottles. It's not mine.

Never once in the last 7 years have I ever heard mgt tell drivers that they have to take their stuff home every night to prevent theft until I started having a problem with someone taking my stuff. Now it's my fault because I leave my cups in my truck. I thought we had a zero tolerance for theft and harassment.

Comments/thoughts - Drivers?? Mgt??

Things that I use with that truck such as cleaning stuff,etc stay in the truck. Personal stuff such as water bottles, etc, go in the locker every night.

You really want to drink out of a cup that you didn't have in your possession overnight?

rod

Retired 22 years
For the most part I only had 2 different package cars in 30 years so everything stayed in it all the time. Only had trouble one time when they took it to a body shop for a fresh paint job and didn't tell me it was being pulled out of the lineup for a week. About a quarter of one whole shelf was full of my personal crap. Card files(this was back when you actually had to find country stops) -extra clothes-supplies-rain gear-radio-flashlight-etc.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have a post office tote box that I keep my supplies/rain coat/forever bags in. I learned quickly never to leave anything of value in plain sight anywhere on UPS property.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I agree with the 'of value' thing. I don't leave anything of value either, except my mag lite. But, that is in my tote with other things like kleenex, paper towels, asd's, gsd's, and other odds and ends.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I don't leave anything of any value in my package car. There are too many other people that drive it. Carwash, Air Pickup Drivers, and Saturday Air Drivers use my car all the time. I drink out of a Nalgene Bottle all day, I take it home in my lunchbox every night. I like to freeze what I'm going to drink the next day.