Leaving union

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Time for change, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Time for change

Time for change Active Member

Even though I got blasted for saying I’m leaving the union if this contract passes as is, looks like hundreds if not thousands of part timers are set to do same thing. Next time you vote with the mind set, I got mine, you can thank yourself for the dwindling union and income from dues. Better save up because your union pension might be worthless by the time you need it.

2. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

giphy-21.gif

Looking for these thousands of PT workers who are leaving the union.

3. Gumby

Gumby *

You in a right to work state?

4. Time for change

Sure as hell am

5. Gumby

Gumby *

Just don't get your butt into trouble sfter you withdraw, nobody is going to help you.

6. Time for change

When the union starts working for all it’s members and negotiates for all it’s members, I’ll happily pay dues.

7. 542thruNthru

org_anim_bf32.gif

8. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the "can I get my job back" thread from him in a year.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. 542thruNthru

Oh don't worry. She's already said she can't be fired because she's a "woman of color."

10. Time for change

Look on social media, UPS falling. I’m not the only one. And with a little effort and education, I could have a massive impact. I’d rather just get a good contract and pay dues but I won’t stand for the current contract as is.

11. Gumby

Gumby *

She is very wrong on that. It may take a little longer but if they want you gone, you will be gone.

12. Staydryitsraining

Staydryitsraining Active Member

Lol well shes right

13. Time for change

I didn’t say can’t but with constant discrimination and working with a bunch of racist white dudes and the fact I do my job well, not worried about it at all. If anything I could see a show up to work type raise that the union set precedent for not caring about.

14. Staydryitsraining

I disagree. Like alittle

15. Gumby

Gumby *

I've seen many get walked out and never return.

16. Staydryitsraining

Youve seen a trans black muslim man identifying as a woman get walked out?

17. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

It's weak and the cowards way out to just quit because you don't like what is going on with your union.

It takes more guts to stay and work with the system to make things better. i admire the BA's and stewards that work their butts off for the members without so much as a thank you for their efforts. I go out of my way to thank them and tried to help when i could.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. 542thruNthru

I've seen a trans black woman/man walked out yes. Don't know about the Muslim part.

I'm not joking either. Twilight loader

19. Time for change

Difference is I do my job well and never call in. Good luck firing me. I have confidence the company will treat me even better. They can’t get or keep people to work here, I highly doubt they will terminate me for no reason when they have nobody. They want other people to leave the union, they won’t be firing people that leave for no reason or dumb reasons. I don’t have enough time left on Earth to wait it out any longer, this corrupt IBT has shown me enough. Get a good contract or I’m out, and I’ll have more people joining me than you could imagine. Why would the college kid that has no intention of staying long term want to be in the union? I hope it doesn’t come to this, but not looking good.

20. mikejonesjr

mikejonesjr Active Member

A more realistic thing to do, is vote no. And when the time comes vote in someone better to run the union than Hoffa. He was voted in.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List