Left in Building on topic

clean hairy

I have heard there is quite a high number of left in building on the tracking, and Customers are upset about the delay in getting their stuff.
I have had folks I know call and ask me about this.
I know folks at a Customer Counter with irate customers.
Is the left in building syndrome system widede or just certain parts of the country?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
image.jpg

Is the left in building syndrome system widede or just certain parts of the country?

PT Car Washer

I have heard there is quite a high number of left in building on the tracking, and Customers are upset about the delay in getting their stuff.
I have had folks I know call and ask me about this.
I know folks at a Customer Counter with irate customers.
Depends on the preload and if the Center is allowed to have an Air driver or another FT driver run off the LIB's.

Ms.PacMan

Our center uses it for misloads. Bring it back to the bldg and they code it left in bldg. I'm not sure how that gets their ass out of a sling but apparently it does.

These codes that mgmt use are like the whack a mole game - UPS smacks one down and another pops up.

PT Car Washer

Our center uses it for misloads. Bring it back to the bldg and they code it left in bldg. I'm not sure how that gets their ass out of a sling but apparently it does.

These codes that mgmt use are like the whack a mole game - UPS smacks one down and another pops up.
Or code it as a bad address, or future delivery.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I've been missing several packages for the last couple of weeks. They end up almost all being incompatibles.

In my building we have extra trucks put in and even have some trucks loaded out in the aisles. This results in the Inc trains not being able to drive down the line until the drivers start driving out (30-45 minutes late already) so only a handful of incs make it into the trucks.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit

If it gets scanned LIB it doesn't appear on the different route than planned report and the inside gets hit, not drivers. They seem to have a higher tolerance for crap on the inside than on road

By The Book

If it gets scanned LIB it doesn't appear on the different route than planned report and the inside gets hit, not drivers. They seem to have a higher tolerance for crap on the inside than on road
Makes sense, the tolerating more mistakes on the inside. If only they expected as much from themselves as they do of the drivers!

watdaflock?

My wishful conversation with one customer about a "left in building"

First off, your "package" should have been freight.
When your irregular massive (8 foot x 4 foot) wooden crate, shipping a fragile glass sign prevents me from loading 50 other packages, it gets left behind. My response of, "no way" to the manager about being able to load it will get your wooden crate shuttled to you by one of the rental box trucks.

Either come pick it up yourself or we will bring it to you in a few days.

PrimeUPS

Unlikely, the same DM has to explain to the ops region either way. Misloads don't appear on DRTP unless they are actually delivered, so a missed misload, hold/future, or LIB doesn't count. That's a different reporting mechanism. Either way, reporting misloads as LIB doesn't sound right. LIB's have to be in fairly early, so unless these are coming back to the building by Noon, I doubt they are being scanned LIB. They need to be entered before the dispatching systems and GSS close out, or in the case of HUBs - the next sort starts.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Unlikely, the same DM has to explain to the ops region either way. Misloads don't appear on DRTP unless they are actually delivered, so a missed misload, hold/future, or LIB doesn't count. That's a different reporting mechanism. Either way, reporting misloads as LIB doesn't sound right. LIB's have to be in fairly early, so unless these are coming back to the building by Noon, I doubt they are being scanned LIB. They need to be entered before the dispatching systems and GSS close out, or in the case of HUBs - the next sort starts.
In small buildings you'd be able to scan them LIB pretty late in the day. Sort doesn't get changed from preload to local sort until 530 here.