Flintstone Flyer

I met with an attorney who is covered under the Hyatt Legal Plan and listed in their database. I was under the impression that the fee was covered completely if I used an attorney in network.

However, he asked for a $500 retainer "in case of an overage". Is this customary with someone who is "in network" in the legal plan? (it's a normal real estate matter, nothing unusual).

Thanks.

By The Book

I met with an attorney who is covered under the Hyatt Legal Plan and listed in their database. I was under the impression that the fee was covered completely if I used an attorney in network.

However, he asked for a $500 retainer "in case of an overage". Is this customary with someone who is "in network" in the legal plan? (it's a normal real estate matter, nothing unusual).

Thanks.
Call the legal services office on Monday.

DOK

Thanks.

Does attorney coverage vary by local or is it a National benefit? Never knew we had attorney coverage?

I have used the legal benes several times. Never heard of Hyatt legal plan tho. Used it for a real estate transaction in July. Never had to pay, yet I never went into litigation.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thanks.

There is a schedule of benefits that list the fees that will be covered for the services provided.

Your lawyer will return the retainer upon completion of your case, provided that nothing unusual came up that required him to use part or all of it.