Legal to Ask My Age?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Ok, point taken.

Managing an internet community is a bit like herding cats.

Suggestions, complaints, and criticisms are always welcome.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Okay, so two jaded members refer a name and then moderators swarm with an unbiased judgement. I stand corrected.

It's not a huge issue, I just find the whole Scarlet Letter concept ridiculous. Dunce caps didn't work in the 18th and 19th centuries and I doubt a similar concept'll find much usefulness in contemporary times.

(For the record, just check out these thread about how to find a fast-track to becoming a driver. Plenty of terrible, obviously sarcastic advice yet I see no scarlet wording underneath their usernames. It seems to me the "DONT FEED THE TROLL" title was made to single out one person thought to be using multiple accounts. Once the suspected usernames were ousted it seems there are no newcomers to the Troll title, yet plenty of people trolling new members on a daily basis. Food for thought, I suppose....)

And dont forget members flirting with each other on threads and giving unwanted and irrelevant posts - yet nothing has been done about it, I even saw a MOD participating and getting in on the action once.

J

jibbs

And dont forget members flirting with each other on threads and giving unwanted and irrelevant posts - yet nothing has been done about it, I even saw a MOD participating and getting in on the action once.

Social banter comes with a social forum. This is the internet and it's next to impossible to put constraints on every possible kind of posting... I just don't like it when one person (or group of people) is singled out for doing something that damn near everybody in the community has taken part in. I feel like if it can happen to them, it can happen to me and anybody else around here who might happen to go against popular consensus on any given topic at any given moment.

Really, though, I didn't expect the founder of this website to step in to defend the on-going "policy." I wasn't trying to use this thread as a vehicle for change, I was just speaking what came to mind after reading what was quoted in my last post.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Social banter comes with a social forum. This is the internet and it's next to impossible to put constraints on every possible kind of posting... I just don't like it when one person (or group of people) is singled out for doing something that damn near everybody in the community has taken part in. I feel like if it can happen to them, it can happen to me and anybody else around here who might happen to go against popular consensus on any given topic at any given moment.

Really, though, I didn't expect the founder of this website to step in to defend the on-going "policy." I wasn't trying to use this thread as a vehicle for change, I was just speaking what came to mind after reading what was quoted in my last post.

Be careful, outspoken users like you seem to get the shaft on this site. Look at what happened to upstate, poor guy :(

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Jibbs is a Sub Cultural Troll Sympathizer. Don't flirt with him/her or him-her.

What happened to UPSstate? Did someone finally get the last word on something with him?

J

jibbs

Jibbs is a Sub Cultural Troll Sympathizer. Don't flirt with him/her or him-her.

And the veracity of my post is proven. I bid you good day, gentlemen. http://www.sherv.net/center manager/emoticons/hello/hat-tip-smiley-emoticon.gif

(The forward slash was correct. Hyphenating the two words suggests a hybrid and I assure you that I am not hermaphroditic.)

[EDIT: Also, I would like to report lineandinitial for trolling. It's obvious he is intentionally harassing me by referring to me with a label denoting a negative connotation for simply being empathic. Do I have a second?]

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
And the veracity of my post is proven. I bid you good day, gentlemen. http://www.sherv.net/center manager/emoticons/hello/hat-tip-smiley-emoticon.gif

(The forward slash was correct. Hyphenating the two words suggests a hybrid and I assure you that I am not hermaphroditic.)

[EDIT: Also, I would like to report lineandinitial for trolling. It's obvious he is intentionally harassing me by referring to me with a label denoting a negative connotation for simply being empathic. Do I have a second?]

Grammar is scored anymore. You're still a Troll lover

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
g1336753594387750288-1.jpg

J

jibbs

Grammar is scored anymore.

I'm glad you're a UPS driver because I doubt you'd be able to do **** else with your life if you can't even write a coherent sentence. There really is hope for the uneducated masses in this country. I hope you pay your dues... if it weren't for the IBT people like you and I wouldn't have anywhere to go for a paycheck other than the frequently recommended McDonalds and Walmart employment inquiries.

J

jibbs

Jibbs is okay in my book. Aren't you a sup? That's just as dirty a name as troll lover...just sayin. People...glass houses...stones lol.

Oh Shiht, she's a supervisor? That explains so much.... Line, I'm sorry you couldn't do more with your life but, if you're interested, I'm willing to go back into the business of tutoring all the Children Left Behind that I take pity upon. Don't get too excited, though-- you may not be able to afford it on a supervisors pay. Shoot me a PM with an ass shot and I might be willing to let you get a mean discount if you look sweet enough to stretch out.