Let me run this idea...

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Recently hired as a PT preloader. Doing well and wanna stick around for awhile.

but I need another job.

I wanna start working armed security at a Dave and busters nearby. 5 hrs / 5 days / $30 per hour.

I'd be super happy doing that and be at UPS by 4am. Great benefits, overall not bad pay.

Is this a good idea? Will I be able to advance at UPS? Should I just become a driver when the opportunity arises? What happens during peak season?

Will this plan work?
As long as you can be in at your start time you can do whatever the hell you want. At one point I was working three jobs, I was doing accounting part time, I was measuring yards for a weed company, and I was coming in at the end of the day and shifting. Do whatever you want. I will say I would pick a second job that isn't physical, because I use to do Averitt then come in and do UPS and that about killed my body. I'm full time now so all that is behind me but you might have to do that a while before you become a driver.

JL 0513

I've never noticed armed security at Dave and Busters. $30/hr? That's quite surprising. For comparison, security in malls don't make much more than 1/3rd that. My brother used to do it post military service, paid $10-$12/hr.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Recently hired as a PT preloader. Doing well and wanna stick around for awhile.

but I need another job.

I wanna start working armed security at a Dave and busters nearby. 5 hrs / 5 days / $30 per hour.

I'd be super happy doing that and be at UPS by 4am. Great benefits, overall not bad pay.

Is this a good idea? Will I be able to advance at UPS? Should I just become a driver when the opportunity arises? What happens during peak season?

Will this plan work?
30 bux an hour, that's a no brainer dude. And what I keep saying to the young guys, don't go fulltime just temp drive. Temp driving, your only a prisoner for the time you are driving, and the rest of the time while your working part time you have freedom. Full time driving just aint worth it anymore.