Let the OJS begin (and other nonsense)

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
That has been going on in my area. Since we are working under the old contract there better not be any casual working tomorrow or I'm saying something to my Steward that since they are working after the 31 they must be FT drivers now.

Under the new contract casual can work till the 15 of January. Under the old it Dec 31.

The union and management tentatively came to an agreement with the new contract so in my area management asked if the union would agree to casuals staying on for a bit longer. They only kept like 3 that I've seen. Had they not kept them, it wouldn't have forced them to hire--it would have just made them load about 6 drivers up with 11-12 hour days.

Pkgcar1988

Hard to add stops to areas with 10-12 hr days already ,which I think most if not all the areas had anyway. Of course we had to take all of the split cars out but a couple of them and still had sups taking routes out

Marne Vet

This is what I anticipate tomorrow morning: Bedlam.

The PCM will cover uniforms, and how everyone should not be wearing anything not UPS authorized. You know, brown hoodies, boots that don't meet the requirements, anything warm that UPS didn't give you. Next, boots should have polish on them. Our center manager will glance around and stare at all of our boots. Doesn't do this during Peak, but now he has to start making examples out of people, so he'll stare and stare, and give some of us the center manager stink eye. We will be reminded, and most likely have to sign a Driver Release Certification, just as they're reminding us how the methods were never relaxed during Peak (we'll all laugh). Dispatches will be smoked, because they'll try like they do every year to see how much we'll take before screwing them with the 9.5's. Oh, so you had 250 during Peak with a helper? Here's 230. You should be fine! ugh. Every year they pull this Dog and Pony Show. Not enough trips to run, so they have to start looking to fire and suspend drivers. Good times ahead fellas. Oh yeah, good times ahead.