Let's merge with QVC and crush Amazon!

HubBub

We've got the delivery capacity and they've got the warehouse space (maybe?). We could be what Amazon dreams of being. One stop shop/delivery service. We start selling thingamajigs online and stop giving Amazon sweetheart rates. Game over man! Who's with me?

Qvc. is a dead horse. its the 8 track tape player, in the world of digital downloads! Look at the customers who order QVC =mostly older women. Look at the customers who order from Amazon = mostly all young!

if we shut off amazon, they will just divert, to other shippers. I like your idea, but I really dont think its a good option.

HubBub

OK, I'm not necessarily talking about a continuation of the QVC brand, it would just make more sense to merge with a company with an existing network of distribution centers. To me it seems the the hard part of a warehousing/delivery business is the delivery part. We've got that part down already. All we need is the warehousing and snazzy e-commerce website/branding and we could control our destiny as far as online retailing goes, instead of having to be Amazon's :censored2:.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Qvc. is a dead horse. its the 8 track tape player, in the world of digital downloads! Look at the customers who order QVC =mostly older women. Look at the customers who order from Amazon = mostly all young!

if we shut off amazon, they will just divert, to other shippers. I like your idea, but I really dont think its a good option.
You calling my wife old?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Qvc isn't as centralized as you might think. Much of what is sold on qvc is skipped directly from the vendor/manufacturer. (I've run a couple of routes that ship stuff branded as qvc.)

beentheredonethat

If we did try to merge and usurp amazon and other etailers. Don't you think that amazon, along with other ecommerce companies would leave UPS? Amazon, staples, walmart, target, qvc, hsn, etc wouldn't want to do business with their competitor. That would be a huge boon for the USPS and FDX as well as couriers. Would they be able to handle all the volume right away? No.. But i do believe they would divert and keep diverting so long as we were a competitor. Also, why would we want to get into that business? As it is, amazon doesn't really make much profit on their online sales.

Johney

UPS makes enough money just selling a service. Why add all the headaches of inventory,warehousing & all the other problems that go with it.