Let's spend $96.00 an hour to solve a $9.50 an hour problem!

Indecisi0n

It seems preload is not held accountable for misloads enough. I use to see preload sups everyday running misloads between cars until the union squashed it and made drivers and air drivers run them.

The preload cares about 1 number, PPH. They take all the packages the preload is running that morning and divide it by how many total hours the preload workers worked. That 1 little number defines if they had a good day or bad. They don't care if drivers load the cars, but they will kick out the preloader so they can save a couple clicks.

Good for them. I also file for every sup who brings me packages. I had a sup meet me one time with this personal truck blown out with packages. Turns out when he stopped me on the street he didn't even have a package for me but guess who still got a grievance? hahah

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
I will never ever understand the company's attitude towards the Preload. My building's preload is started as late as possible,and of course the last hour before driver start time is insane as the preload supes scream at the preloaders to get it wrapped up before driver start time,and they are hounded to get the packages on the trucks as quickly as possible .The result is fairly predictable: LOTS of misloads. (My preloader gained seniority last week,regardless of having at least 5-10 misloads spread over 4 cars every day since he started)
I worked 11.5 hours yesterday and today ,as the time running misloads was about 2 hours each day total.As today was my third day over nine five i'm figuring at $96.00 an hour the misloads for the past 2 days cost the company around $384.........................and this makes sense HOW?

How about when the preload does not wrap on time and you end up with the drivers loading their cars for 20 or 30 minutes, that is another favorite of mine paying us 3 times what the preload makes, its simply genius.

Indecisi0n

How about when the preload does not wrap on time and you end up with the drivers loading their cars for 20 or 30 minutes, that is another favorite of mine paying us 3 times what the preload makes, its simply genius.

And don't forget before you leave "I need air help."

Indecisi0n

No air drivers. You don't know you can't get all the air off until you try. yada yada yada

Doesn't matter. My job is to let you know that I have air issues and that's all. After you send in late air the first question they ask "Who did you tell you needed air help?"

oldngray

nowhere special
Doesn't matter. My job is to let you know that I have air issues and that's all. After you send in late air the first question they ask "Who did you tell you needed air help?"

Yep, tell them you can't get your air off before you leave the building then its all on them.

tre305

question: can you guys blame this whole thing on the implement of PAL?
i started in 2008 and back then PAL was just starting to roll out so in my center we were still sorting the old way....by zip codes.
which meant earlier start times, a more at pace preload to give the loaders time to load the packages and make sure that they were for the right truck.
more hours and in my opinion a lot more smooth operation. way less misloads, better comradely between management and hourlies and an overall higher morale.

but now that we have PAL its the complete opposite . misloads at an all time high, hourlies against management for more hours, etc etc.

just a random thought/observation.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
i started in 2008 and back then PAL was just starting to roll out so in my center we were still sorting the old way....by zip codes.
which meant earlier start times, a more at pace preload to give the loaders time to load the packages and make sure that they were for the right truck.
more hours and in my opinion a lot more smooth operation. way less misloads, better comradely between management and hourlies and an overall higher morale.

but now that we have PAL its the complete opposite . misloads at an all time high, hourlies against management for more hours, etc etc.

My supervisor actually had the cajones to tell us the other day we actually had MORE misloads before PASS, they just werent reported....................

Coldworld

60 months and counting
My supervisor actually had the cajones to tell us the other day we actually had MORE misloads before PASS, they just werent reported....................

That's bs..something g else I have noticed are the loads use to be excellent on most routes...we also didnt have all the oversized items also

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

We sheeted stuff as bad add and gave it to the clerk. Nobody had missed, ever!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
005.jpg

Local 728 in action, they had our president and just about every Business Agent in out parking lot twice this week trying to get drivers to file for Over 9.5. That's my BA on the right, the table is full of grievance forms and 8.5 hour requests. He had a spread sheet with our grievance hours on it and was able to tell us how big of a check to expect..........
005.jpg

Coldworld

60 months and counting
View attachment 9722

Local 728 in action, they had our president and just about every Business Agent in out parking lot twice this week trying to get drivers to file for Over 9.5. That's my BA on the right, the table is full of grievance forms and 8.5 hour requests. He had a spread sheet with our grievance hours on it and was able to tell us how big of a check to expect..........

I like the sign hanging from the table" do you know you can work 8 1/2 hours twice a month"...really, I find it hard to believe that anybody doesnt already know that..no wonder the damn contract passed.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
View attachment 9722

scratch, whos the guy in the top left corner..is he a driver with a beard...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
View attachment 9722

8.5 hour requests?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
That is a driver with a beard in the top left corner. He used to shave, but him and a few other got doctor notes.......don't agree with beards myself. We used to get two eight hour day request a month, I think the new contract changes that to 8.5? Not sure, I never file for them myself. The first sign on the table says something like "Do you know you can reduce your excessive overtime?", the second sign says something about making $96 an hour delivering packages, and the third mentions that we can ask for two 8.5 hour days a month now.

My Hub has been weak with drivers getting on the list, so thats what this push is about. I hear a lot of guys whining about clocking out at 8-9 PM every night, but they are afraid they will get harassed if they sign the list. I keep encouraging them to do it, maybe if we start waving some penalty checks in their face we will get more participation and the company will figure its cheaper to put some more drivers on the road.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That is a driver with a beard in the top left corner. He used to shave, but him and a few other got doctor notes.......don't agree with beards myself. We used to get two eight hour day request a month, I think the new contract changes that to 8.5? Not sure, I never file for them myself. The first sign on the table says something like "Do you know you can reduce your excessive overtime?", the second sign says something about making $96 an hour delivering packages, and the third mentions that we can ask for two 8.5 hour days a month now.

My Hub has been weak with drivers getting on the list, so thats what this push is about. I hear a lot of guys whining about clocking out at 8-9 PM every night, but they are afraid they will get harassed if they sign the list. I keep encouraging them to do it, maybe if we start waving some penalty checks in their face we will get more participation and the company will figure its cheaper to put some more drivers on the road.

you hit the nail on the head with the harassment...especially if they are overallowed because thats the drivers fault right...keep cashing those checks scratch...time to take mrs. scratch on another cruise thanks to 9.5 penalty checks!