Libya Exposes The Hypocrisy In High Places

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=1]Gadafy daughter who 'died' in 1986 alive[/h]
The adopted daughter of Muammar Gadafy, whom he claimed died as an infant in the 1986 US bombing of his Tripoli compound, appears to be alive and worked as a doctor in the Libyan capital, documents discovered by The Irish Times indicate.
A room belonging to Hana Muammar Gadafy in the section of the Bab al-Azizia compound where the Gadafy family lived contained several documents that appear to indicate she grew up to study medicine in Tripoli and took English classes at the British Council in the Libyan capital.
Many Libyans have long doubted the story of Hana’s death, which Gadafy used to bolster the notion that he was a victim of western military aggression.
Among the items discovered by The Irish Times yesterday are an examination paper from a Libyan university medical faculty signed “Hana Muammar Gadafy” in Arabic, and photographs of Hana including one showing her with Gadafy’s blood daughter Aisha. A British Council certificate, dated July 19th, 2007, showed that Hana Muammar Gadafy had achieved an overall A grade in an English language course there.

wkmac

Well we can all take pride and comfort that Libya will now have "Freedom" and "Liberty" in our time.

But the good news is........

Italian oil company Eni led the charge back into Libya on Monday as rebels swept into capital Tripoli, hailing the end of Muammar Gaddafi's rule and warning Russian and Chinese firms of contract revisions.
Gaddafi's fall will reopen the doors to the country with Africa's largest oil reserves. New players such as Qatar's national oil company and trading house Vitol are set to compete with established European and U.S. majors.
"We don't have a problem with western countries like Italians, French and UK companies. But we may have some political issues with Russia, China and Brazil," Abdeljalil Mayouf, information manager at Libyan rebel oil firm AGOCO, told Reuters.

How dare we as unpatriotic Americans question the intent of our gov't and especially our heroes in uniform! Our great NATO forces have helped these good people in the name of humanitarianism and freedom and even gone so far as to give them the means of technological sophistication so they can begin to do what we do on similar scale. A few good engineers and they might even scale up to our same level over time. I mean ain't that just awesome of us?

How come we keep going down this same road again just as we've done before and where would these people be without US and NATO backing?

Yet we have people who close their eyes and shut their ears while screaming aloud, "Nothing happened or mattered before 9/11/2001'? Really? Well mark it down, make note of the date and the players and watch over the coming years as history unfolds. In the meantime, maybe the BC Cartoon Network can keep us mind numbingly entertained!

klein

Für Meno :)
I heard that from those Lybian "Rebels", that they were disapointed that Russia & China didn't offer them any kind of help.
They did say they will honour their current contracts with those 2 countries, but basically nothing more then that.

Good for them, actually.
China & Russia always seem to stay out of everything, and in most cases even veto the UN.
About time they need to pay for their stubborness ! :)

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't agree with the US past agressivness, either.
But, Obama played his cards right with Libya, and stayed more in the background of it all, and let Nato take it over.
Best thing he could have done, no matter what Mc Cain says or other republicans.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Gee. for the 2012 elections, I wonder how much Obama will stress how he "stayed in the background" in Libya?

wkmac

I heard that from those Lybian "Rebels", that they were disapointed that Russia & China didn't offer them any kind of help.
They did say they will honour their current contracts with those 2 countries, but basically nothing more then that.

Good for them, actually.
China & Russia always seem to stay out of everything, and in most cases even veto the UN.
About time they need to pay for their stubborness ! :)

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't agree with the US past agressivness, either.
But, Obama played his cards right with Libya, and stayed more in the background of it all, and let Nato take it over.
Best thing he could have done, no matter what Mc Cain says or other republicans.

Could you supply a link to that source because I'd like to read that for myself. Everything I've read so far suggests that the Russian, Chinese and Brazilian contracts are at great risk. Here is Reuters quoting the same Rebel information officer. Here is the Daily News Egypt again quoting the same rebel source. All the sources I've seen suggest the previous contracts that had western European and American oil interests in 2nd place will be set aside so that western European oil interests mainly can now be the primary benefactors of Libyan oil output and production.

Again, if you have a link suggesting otherwise, please post it!
Tx

wkmac

Tripoli, Libya, Aug. 22, 2011, 1 AM CET– On Saturday evening, at 8pm, when the hour of Iftar marked the breaking of the Ramadan fast, the NATO command launched its “Operation Mermaid Dawn” against Libya.
The Sirens were the loudspeakers of the mosques, which were used to launch Al Qaeda’s call to revolt against the Qaddafi government. Immediately the sleeper cells of the Benghazi rebels went into action. These were small groups with great mobility, which carried out multiple attacks. The overnight fighting caused 350 deaths and 3,000 wounded.
The situation calmed somewhat on Sunday during the course of the day.
Then, a NATO warship sailed up and anchored just off the shore at Tripoli, delivering heavy weapons and debarking Al Qaeda jihadi forces, which were led by NATO officers.
Fighting stared again during the night. There were intense firefights. NATO drones and aircraft kept bombing in all directions. NATO helicopters strafed civilians in the streets with machine guns to open the way for the jihadis.
In the evening, a motorcade of official cars carrying top government figures came under attack. The convoy fled to the Hotel Rixos, where the foreign press is based. NATO did not dare to bomb the hotel because they wanted to avoid killing the journalists. Nevertheless the hotel, which is where I am staying, is now under heavy fire.
At 11:30pm, the Health Minister had to announce that the hospitals were full to overflowing. On Sunday evening, there had been 1300 additional dead and 5,000 wounded.
NATO had been charged by the UN Security Council with protecting civilians in Libya. In reality, France and Great Britain have just re-started their colonial massacres.
At 1am, Khamis Qaddafi came to the Rixos Hotel personally to deliver weapons for the defense of the hotel. He then left. There is now heavy fighting all around the hotel.

NATO Slaughter and Al Qaeda Death Squads in Tripoli

klein

wkmac, it was just said on CTVnews.ca o Globalnews.ca the other day. I don't know if they have a news link to that story or not.
It's no big deal, but it sure seems the Chinese and Russians will be the losers.
And they did say, even Canadian consumers will benefit, since oil prices will fall.... but mostly in Europe first, because they have and will get their oil from Libya.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Could you supply a link to that source because I'd like to read that for myself. Everything I've read so far suggests that the Russian, Chinese and Brazilian contracts are at great risk. Here is Reuters quoting the same Rebel information officer. Here is the Daily News Egypt again quoting the same rebel source. All the sources I've seen suggest the previous contracts that had western European and American oil interests in 2nd place will be set aside so that western European oil interests mainly can now be the primary benefactors of Libyan oil output and production.

Again, if you have a link suggesting otherwise, please post it!
Tx
Apparently there's no existing links to Klein's ass !!

klein

Yes, it's possible to watch Canadian news on line.
ctvnews.ca or globalnews.ca.

You don't even need to watch the full program, but just the related news story.... simple as that.

wkmac

Yes, it's possible to watch Canadian news on line.
ctvnews.ca or globalnews.ca.

You don't even need to watch the full program, but just the related news story.... simple as that.

Klein,

I would think a story like that would also be in print or a linkable video existed from the news broadcast. For one, this is a major opposite story to the one previously reported direct from a Libyan Rebel spokespeople in charge of Libyan oil assets. You are correct that I can watch these Canadian broadcasts on the net (most all news broadcasts do this) but are you telling me that your only proof of your claim is that I must sit and watch a news broadcast in the hopes what you say will be shown and proven? I did google in several combinations that "Russian and Chinese oil contracts with Libya are safe" and yet not one single link even in the slightest purported to suggest this might be true. On the contrary, these contracts are not safe at all.

The deputy head of the Chinese Ministry of Commerce's trade department, Wen Zhongliang, was responding to a question about the official at the Libyan rebel-run oil firm, AGOCO, who said Russian and Chinese firms could lose out on oil contracts for failing to back the rebellion against Gaddafi.
"China's investment in Libya, especially its oil investment, is one aspect of mutual economic cooperation between China and Libya, and this cooperation is in the mutual interest of both the people of China and Libya," the commerce official Wen told a news conference.
"We hope that after a return to stability in Libya, Libya will continue to protect the interests and rights of Chinese investors and we hope to continue investment and economic cooperation with Libya," said Wen.

Reuters:China Urging Libya to Protect Investments

Again, provide a link to support your claim.

klein

I did say that the Rebels will honour the Chinese and Russian existing contracts, didn't I ?
But, that's about it. They are disapointed those 2 countries didn't help them.

(so in other words, probably no more new deals for the Chinese and Russians) - aren't we on the same boat here ?

Besides all that, they will be increasing output - most of it going to Europe, nothing to Russia or China.

Klein,

I would think a story like that would also be in print or a linkable video existed from the news broadcast. For one, this is a major opposite story to the one previously reported direct from a Libyan Rebel spokespeople in charge of Libyan oil assets. You are correct that I can watch these Canadian broadcasts on the net (most all news broadcasts do this) but are you telling me that your only proof of your claim is that I must sit and watch a news broadcast in the hopes what you say will be shown and proven? I did google in several combinations that "Russian and Chinese oil contracts with Libya are safe" and yet not one single link even in the slightest purported to suggest this might be true. On the contrary, these contracts are not safe at all.

Reuters:China Urging Libya to Protect Investments

Again, provide a link to support your claim.
Once again, he has been shown to be making crap up.

klein

friend you trinkle.... I'm bidding on an auction site now, and don't have the time to watch past news stories online.
Can you hopefully understand that ?

If not, go to the websites above and find them for yourself !