Life After UPS

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
Has been awesome. I recently just worked my notice and honestly do not miss any of it. If you’re on the fence, pull the trigger. If you’re worried there isn’t anything better for you than UPS, there is.

I feel healthier already and less stressed despite moving full time into an armed close protection job.

Free yourself!!!

Guys it’s been emotional, good luck to you all in your endeavors.

Peacee.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Has been awesome. I recently just worked my notice and honestly do not miss any of it. If you’re on the fence, pull the trigger. If you’re worried there isn’t anything better for you than UPS, there is.

I feel healthier already and less stressed despite moving full time into an armed close protection job.

Free yourself!!!

Peacee.

What’s an armed close protection job?

oldngray

nowhere special
What’s an armed close protection job?
paul_blart_mall_cop02.jpg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
That was a joke photo from a retirement party today. The guy on the right has his start time drawn on his wrist with a magic marker. Our new Center Manager has a pet peeve of drivers showing up late everyday.

vvv

Free yourself!!!

Peacee.

Can we get this again in English please?

WTFm8

Our new Center Manager has a pet peeve of drivers showing up late everyday.

Why show up on time to help wrap up preload for a 20-30 minute late dispatch when they’re too lazy to adjust first stop time and rerelease EDD thereby removing a few random residential stops off the 5000/7000 shelves that are actually on a wheelwell because your new preloader put bulk/irregs on the shelves and smalls on the floor...

ALL because they weren’t properly trained because the PT supervisors are too busy doing bargaining unit work...

ALL because of staffing issues at your 35-40 daily route ‘small’ building running under national pay scale with no attendance bonus...

ALL because the union and company failed to raise PT wages/plan for the future.

Dumbest part is a handfull of drivers that go in to help preload (on the clock) are on the 9.5 list.

That is every day in my building. People who file sups working get more work or harassed until they quit. A bunch of drivers filed a few months ago. They got tired of seeing sups working. Guess where they are now? Doing unmanageable routes or harassed.

And it's not like we have people banging down the doors to work here either. I had hopes the contract would fix things but here I am with a steady no vote with no ratified master.

We have been sending out bricked cars since July. "PTers are only qualifying when there's enough preloaders" has been said to me more than twice.

"The OT pay is worth it" seems to get enough people through the day. Or "paid weekly". Stunning..