Life before brown

DS

Fenderbender
About 20 years ago I played in a band.My buddy(the guitar player) just sent me this video of us playing in a bar.I'm the bumblebee playing the white fender precision bass.It's kinda trippy.We're doing "Oh War" by max webster.It has some swearing in it so be warned.It's a bit fuzzy and the video does not kick in till the 36 second mark.Maybe everyone else could share some of their pics or videos from the past.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I always watched that movie whenever I caught it while channel surfing......Sinbad the Sailor? or something like that.

Nimnim

The Nim
So.....what happened to the sailors??? And what was that ball of light thingy?

You tell me, I assume you were drunk...

Oh, I found another one when they tried to crash your BBQ. Hope the eye didn't hurt for too long.

[video=youtube;wnRf9MX2ros]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnRf9MX2ros[/video]

I always watched that movie whenever I caught it while channel surfing......Sinbad the Sailor? or something like that.

7th Voyage of Sinbad. I love the creatures by Ray Harryhousen.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I always thought the Dick Clark scale only went to 10, so DS would get an 8.5. There are Bandstand reruns on TV.

It's funny how things stick in your head. This morning I got my drink at Coffee Bean and the guy there is like 20 something. He told me he was playing his mom's old 45's and kept playing a song over & over by the Association. I immediately guessed, "Cherish"? He was amazed that I knew what one he was talking about. Hey, I lived that era!!

He also mentioned that he liked the big bands....dorsey, miller, etc. I asked him if he like the Jackie Gleason Orchestra. He was shocked to learn that the Honeymooner fat man had a big band. I told him to check you tube.

raceanoncr

I always thought the Dick Clark scale only went to 10, so DS would get an 8.5. There are Bandstand reruns on TV.

I don't think teens back then woulda been smart enuff for decimals. Er, at least me!

Sorry, More, but it was on a scale of either 45 or 35 to 98. I remember that.

Also, an acquaintance of mine had a record out during the surf/car music rush. I was home watching that day when I saw it come on and get rated. I asked him a couple years ago bout it. How it came about, etc. He said he didn't know they were gonna do that. His mom had to call him up (before cell phones, of course) over a friend's house to watch em rate it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'll be darn, you're right.....

"During the segment, two audience members each ranked two records on a scale of 35 to 98, then the two opinions were averaged by Clark, who then asked the audience members to justify their scores."

Clark had to average them because the kids were too busy chewing gum to do the math.

I didn't run home to watch Bandstand.......I had to do my homework before any TV

satellitedriver

Them's called fahmah jeans!
Memories.
I still have a pair-( pair is a singular, in the south)- of denim bib-overalls that I wore in the coal mine.
The company provided a 1960's wringer washing machine with, all the soap and Varsol to wash the grease out.
During my recent time off, I put them on.
Thread bare, and looking like a character from "Deliverance"I had to smile at how I use to dress to make a living.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Memories.
I still have a pair-( pair is a singular, in the south)- of denim bib-overalls that I wore in the coal mine.
The company provided a 1960's wringer washing machine with, all the soap and Varsol to wash the grease out.
During my recent time off, I put them on.
Thread bare, and looking like a character from "Deliverance"I had to smile at how I use to dress to make a living.

I have several pair and wear them all the time. Very comfortable and great for working around the house and property.
You can hang 10 pounds of tools off them and load up the pockets and you don't have to pull them up.