Light week

stringerman85

Well, me and quite a few others today were sent home because of real light volume...Probably will be light all week because of the holiday, Anybody else get the day off??

SoyFish

I don't think I'll get off, but the end of last week was 'light.' I guess to them light means there are no packages coming down for 5-10 minutes and then you get blasted with packages. Ehhh I doubt I'll be off :)

cino321

So what they'll cut loads and build everyone up... don't worry enjoy the time off. Next week you'll be wishing you never said anything.

I got a call from one of our OCS this morning asking me if I wanted the day off. LOL. I asked him if a wild bear...uh...ate in the woods.

The Mook

Hey all, new poster here. Driver for 9 years, 6 years as a part time slave with benefits. "They" tell us, in Gods armpit, (Michigan :happy2:) that volume will be heavy on Tuesday the 1st. Flooding in Iowa is making for some transit woes. How heavy you ask? Well let me consult the magic 8 ball we call PAS................ Says "not sure, ask later"

AHHHHHHHH PAS......... It'll change the world.

Idont know about light but we were called in early today for a total of 12 1/2 hours. I know we were still getting trains from Iowa and such.

any excuse will do to say the volume is down.... had 10 drivers off today at our center, said stops per car were down, they even used the excuse about the train's in the midwest, what will they say tomorrow?

Homoudont

yeah volume is light in our center too. The Stupidvisor was telling people who didn't make seniority to call in to see if there was any work available. Less people and lighter volume doesn't make my job an easier.

WhatPCM

Insubordinator
Yea yesterday(Monday) we were very light. This morning(Tuesday) we had a little extra, but of course not an earlier start time. Then all of a sudden we had an extra trailer that had to be unloaded. No one seemed to know where it was from, apparently it was supposed to show up the day before. They knew about it late last night but decided not to bump the start time up to compensate for it. Sooooo, we didnt get out till 9:30 this morning.

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
Yea yesterday(Monday) we were very light. This morning(Tuesday) we had a little extra, but of course not an earlier start time. Then all of a sudden we had an extra trailer that had to be unloaded. No one seemed to know where it was from, apparently it was supposed to show up the day before. They knew about it late last night but decided not to bump the start time up to compensate for it. Sooooo, we didnt get out till 9:30 this morning.

That is interesting...we had a trailer show up too, no one knew anything about...

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
Last week was light for most drivers in my centre except for me, of course. Management were offering drivers afternoons off - I got Wednesday! Woo-hoo!

With Canada Day today and the 4th coming up I imagine next week should slow down a bit. Happens every year and hey, I'm not complaining.