Limited Quantity in smalls bag

Zubber

In years past till yesterday we in smalls did not put diamond label limited quantity in smalls bags. We now have new sort and smalls supervisors that are telling us to start bagging diamond label limited quantity in small bags. Do other hubs bag limited quantity boxes in smalls?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
lOg0PE9gCJDs.gif

Nah
In years past till yesterday we in smalls did not put diamond label limited quantity in smalls bags. We now have new sort and smalls supervisors that are telling us to start bagging diamond label limited quantity in small bags. Do other hubs bag limited quantity boxes in smalls?
What does your training say?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

I don't remember any specific rule saying not to. The only issue is they can't go on planes without proper paperwork. Actual hazmats need to be loaded separately, though.

Zubber

training says not to. supervisor says work as directed. training is a online coarse. UPS is not going to tell me where it is in the training. I have to wait till the one year recertification.

Nah
training says not to. supervisor says work as directed. training is a online coarse. UPS is not going to tell me where it is in the training. I have to wait till the one year recertification.
If the training says not to, don't do it and call for a steward the next time he brings it up.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Had you been able to put ORM-D labeld package in bags before

Zubber

no ORM-D. This has been the policy since 2002. I am trying to figure out if the training has changed or are the supervisor just trying to "capture" all the hubs smalls.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I just think this is funny because flavor of the month(s) on preload a year or two back was to load all limited quantity and liquids on the floor like a hazmat.

I would have issues with this. Sounds like a chemical experiment waiting to happen.

Your center team does not know or care about training methods. We would be too powerful with that knowledge lol.

Heavy Package

Focus on getting the right label in the smalls bag. Had over 300 pieces improperly sorted from all over the country come in smalls bags this Wednesday. Better not bigger Karol.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Focus on getting the right label in the smalls bag. Had over 300 pieces improperly sorted from all over the country come in smalls bags this Wednesday. Better not bigger Karol.
I'm willing to bet that if the OP has enough wherewithall to remember his training in regards to diamond labels and ORM-D, he's probably sorting properly.
I could be wrong.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Work first file later.

File a grievance or call in a concern and keep working as directed. It's really not that difficult.
Totally agree. Work as instructed and bury them in grievances later unless what they are asking you to do is illegal, immoral, or unsafe. 90% of the questions asked on this forum can be answered “work first, file later.”