Liquid or Solid Breakfast?

As my shifts have been getting earlier (preload), I have taken the switch from a solid meal: egg sandwich with breakfast sausage w/bacon and milk, to a protein shake and an arizona iced tea. What kind of breakfast do you eat? I ask because I am trying to get a rotation and eating the same thing over and over because of time constraints gets real old, real fast...

curiousbrain

Oatmeal; with bananas, blueberries, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

High in carbs, protein (w/ milk), and will provide a wealth of energy. I've eaten a bowl every morning for at least ten years.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I was thinking oatmeal too. You can vary the toppings. Use fresh fruit when in season. It's a "stick to your ribs" breakfast.

curiousbrain

I was thinking oatmeal too. You can vary the toppings. Use fresh fruit when in season. It's a "stick to your ribs" breakfast.

My neighbor is over 65, works over eight hours a day, and eats oatmeal every morning.

It must be the oatmeal, because it's certainly not the shoes.

BCFan

Bagels and cream cheese or perhaps English muffin w/ jelly or even a jimmy dean sausage and biscuit......BC

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Seems like it takes forever to make those..........do they have instant?
No they don't BUT, if you have a small round crockpot or bean crock, before you go to bed add the steel cut oats, some water, dried fruit...whatever dried fruit, and cream. Set on low and in the morning your house will smell like a bakery and it's soooooooo goooooooood!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Don't be to quickly to judge me , it's mostly UPS' fault that I need to drink.
Heck if they didn't pay me so well , I could never afford it.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I feed on management incompetence, wash it down with a tall glass of I need air help. Makes my mornings so much less stressful and the truck's cardboard smells so much sweeter.

S

serenity now

Bagels and cream cheese or perhaps English muffin w/ jelly or even a jimmy dean sausage and biscuit......BC

put 3 pieces of bacon between the bagel halves spread with cream cheese for the best breakfast sandwich ever

Notretiredyet

I feed on management incompetence, wash it down with a tall glass of I need air help. Makes my mornings so much less stressful and the truck's cardboard smells so much sweeter.

Enjoy the feast...During the week I'm a shredded wheat or oatmeal kinda guy myself, Caroline's and Coffee on the weekends.

anonymous4

Some of you are behind the curve. Where is the protein? Oh, you're spoiling yourself with the 10g of p from that milk.

Is it impossible for you to mix protein powder in oatmeal w/milk + chopped up fruit and eat while driving in? Cottage cheese/peanut butter are also good options as a side.

I can understand why some of you feel like garbage going in on 400 calories worth of bagel and cream cheese, with your next meal being equally as lacking. Then the machine is jacked up 20 years in.. yeah.