Listen up rookie package car drivers!!!!

article22

Banned
ARE U TIRED OF THE STOP COUNT GOING UP... ?? LISTEN TO ME AND GET SIGNATURES FOR ANY HOUSE THAT HAS SIGNS OF LIFE!! YOU WILL BE AMAZED AT HOW MUCH IT HELPS!!! I KNOW..you are goinh to say... . "i dont have time to wait for a signature" strap a set on and get more SIGNATURES!! THE BUCK HAS TO STOP HERE!! TRY IT ...COME BACK AND THANK ME LATER....
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE END

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I've got a signature if they are outside and it's something I know to be of value like electronics or a bike and such but you should just leave it behind the pot on the porch ring bell and knock and move on...

brownIEman

Industrial sabotage..??? is that a made up ups term

nope, an actual term. If this sort of slow down could be proved and tied to a union official, UPS could go to the labor board and get compensation for financial damages from the union. That of course would be a pipe dream as it would be nearly impossible to prove. It might be demonstrated for individuals, however, which would leave them open to disciplinary action.

-as a side note, the union official would have to be above a steward, as there is specific language in the contract stating the union cannot be held liable for illegal job actions started by stewards acting on their own.

BrownArmy

If it's a BOSE speaker system or a big LCD TV or if I know this particular lady is crazy, I get a signature.

Otherwise, stop, drop, and roll on to your next stop.

Getting a signature for every other stop would slow me down so much that it would offset any allowance I could possibly get, and likely get me a talking to.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
nope, an actual term. If this sort of slow down could be proved and tied to a union official, UPS could go to the labor board and get compensation for financial damages from the union. That of course would be a pipe dream as it would be nearly impossible to prove. It might be demonstrated for individuals, however, which would leave them open to disciplinary action.

-as a side note, the union official would have to be above a steward, as there is specific language in the contract stating the union cannot be held liable for illegal job actions started by stewards acting on their own.

Well, thanks for the lesson but it still seems like an absolutely stupid term....now if a union person broke into a facility at night and slashed every package cars tires , that's one thing and I can totally understand that, but someone walking at a snails pace in 90 degree weather towards the end of a 10 hour dispatch..well that's just called being tired...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If it's a BOSE speaker system or a big LCD TV or if I know this particular lady is crazy, I get a signature.

Getting a signature for every other stop would slow me down so much that it would offset any allowance I could possibly get, and likely get me a talking to.

I bet you would get a signature if the home owner was mowing her front lawn in a bikini that was way too small for her......right?

packageguy

I THINK YOUR DRINKING TO MUCH BROWN KOOL AID. Offset what, paid by the hour

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I was told by my sup that rode with me last, get a sig, if they are there, out and about in the yard whatever. Then you get the ring bell wait allowance. :biting:I dont want a sig, I want to get back in my truck and leave, duh. Who gets a sig for an amazon little cd box. ??????? He just wants me to look better since Im in his group. I said I do look better, no accidents, no injuries. no wrecks. I show up every day. On time, and I finish every day. Thats my Mar.

kingOFchester

If customer is outside, I get a signature. 1 year ago I was called into office for a package that went missing. I sheeted as met customer. I did not remember the stop as I was covering 1 of the 20 trips I covered. center manager asked why I didn't get a signature and how it was irresponsible to use met customer. At that time I was more of a yes sir kind of guy. Now I would say, "seems to me you have issues with the person that put that option in the DIAD". Since then I get a signature whenever customer is outside.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If customer is outside, I get a signature. 1 year ago I was called into office for a package that went missing. I sheeted as met customer. I did not remember the stop as I was covering 1 of the 20 trips I covered. center manager asked why I didn't get a signature and how it was irtresponsible to use met customer. At that time I was more of a yes sir kind of guy. Since then I get a signature whenever customer is outside.

Why doesn't this surprise me? Padding stops and stealing time.

kingOFchester

How am si padding stops or stealing time? I was called into the office and told that I was irresponsible for not getting a signature. To me it is 2 things, 1) Working as directed. 2)Covering my ass.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Getting a signature while the consignee is standing there for a residential stop that has not been designated as a non-release stop in the DIAD is stealing time.

Sheeting the air and ground for the same stop delivered at the same time as two separate stops is padding stops.

kingOFchester

Getting a signature while the consignee is standing there for a residential stop that has not been designated as a non-release stop in the DIAD is stealing time.

Sheeting the air and ground for the same stop delivered at the same time as two separate stops is padding stops.

Hey Einstein, Where did i EVER say i sheet air and ground delivered at the same time as 2 stops????? Never did, never will.

As far as getting signature, I am working as directed. The center manager was looking into me paying for the merchandise and questioning my actions and honesty. I will NOT put my self in that position again. Also, keep in mind my center services parts of the "ghetto".

I see why their is so much disdain towards you. I was one of the posters that gave you the benefit of the doubt, but I see I was wrong.

U

uber

You seriously need to get into management.

article22

Banned
in the BIG city where i live there are not many honest people... the runner and gunners have the most claims and mess up trips where the WHOLE NEIGHBORHHOD IS now a code 4 and u cant even dr!! GET YOUR SIGNATURES IT ONLY HELPS YOU AND YOU WILL GET LESS STOPS!! AND TO THE IDIOT WHO SAYS U CAN GET FIRED.....HAHAHA I BEEN DOING THIS FOR YEARS I STILL DR BUT ONLY IF NOBODY IS HOME AND ITS SAFE N OUT OF SIGHT OUT OF WEATHER!!! I CAN COUNT THE CLAIMS I HAD ON ONE HAND OVER ALL THESE MILLIONS OF COMPLETED STOPS!!