Little reminder at pcm today...Dec 24 is a Saturday!

John19841

From what I've heard, there will be work the day after Christmas and day after New Year's.

-k

They can ask for people to signup to work, but I'm pretty sure they can't force us to work...Something about a contract...
AND they best be paying time and a half, and add the Holiday pay on top of that.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They can ask for people to signup to work, but I'm pretty sure they can't force us to work...Something about a contract...
AND they best be paying time and a half, and add the Holiday pay on top of that.

Actually they can force from the bottom up of people who have available hours until they have enough drivers. I would have to think that it would be time and a half. We are getting Monday off with pay.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm working New Years Eve and the Monday after New Years Day. Please feel sorry for me.
I wonder if they"ll give 1 1/2 days off for each day? If anyone sees a big Blue Poppa Smurf, that's me holding my breath.

brownelf

the way I see it the 24th would be a time on a half day but the work on the Mondays which are paid holidays would be paid at double time like the Fri after Thanksgiving is.