Little to no heat in warehouse in 0 deg weather...

Mkbw5d

Okay, I'm sure many of you probably have this issue but I'm unsure.. I work preload and this peak we have been coming into work at 11pm-930am. The problem is that our warehouse has minimal heat if any and we have to have our big doors open due to the fact we have a trailer we load, and two areas where we have mobile extensions so we can load more cars. The problem is that tonight during work hours it's supposed to be around 0-2 degrees for most of the shift. With minimal to no heat, should we all just suck it up? Or can our center allow or make us work under these conditions?? I've worked in extreme weather conditions before working for the company, but never something like this with almost all the doors open. Especially in that for 10-10.5 hours. I don't get paid enough for this lol. There's only so many layers you can put on. What do we do?

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
I just wear under armor, thick socks, and long johns. Just by keeping busy/moving I find the cold not too be that bad. Also in preload. We have been starting at 10 Sunday nights, 330 the rest of the week, with coming in early optional. Glad its the last week of the Sunday nights though.

Mkbw5d

For this peak I'm doing clerk doin address corrections and all that.. so i cant wear gloves. I'm standing right next to one of the open doors at the computer typing lol... I don't get too much movement. I wish I could load cars right now so I'm moving but no else knows how to clerk. So I'm screwed lol. I'm wearing 3 pairs of socks, under armour, a hoodie, two pairs of pants, and a huge coat over that lol. It's crazy how neglectful our management is to our employees. They need to buy some heaters or something. This is ridiculous.

clean hairy

If you have to wear so many layers you look like the Michelin Man to stay warm, that is what you do.
I know some clerks have worn gloves and cut just enough off the end of each finger (of the glove, not their hand) to be able to write.

Bottom rung

Considered a warehouse. As long as the heat is set to 50° osha won't do anything. The clerk station heaters are a complete joke. Nothing is going to change. They've seen how much money they save with lower heating costs. It more than covers any osha fines. But if you want to bury your sup in paper file a grieve.