LL Bean switching to Basic???

pkgman001

Just read on another website that LL Bean is switching from FedEx to UPS Basic-20,000 to 40,000 pkgs per day, much more at peak. More trips to the P.O.!!

mainebrown

here in maine, at xmas time, and a little after... a new shift opens during the day to only deal with llbean packages.....all returns and crap...with the switch, this will open moe jobs...good deal :) hopefully it goes though

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The only LL Bean I see down here are Christmas Wreaths this time of the year. And the only big shipper from DHL I have noticed is Nordstroms. I hope we get all of LL Bean, and many others.

browniehound

I see a LL Bean delivery here and there. I see more Bean returns through UPS than deliveries.

It was once our account and if it is again that would be a HUGE score! Is there any truth to this rumor? At the same time this is volume that is not as profitable as the account I will describe next. I don't know the shipper because it didnt dawn on me until today :smart: that we must have scored it from DHL (stupid me).

I'm talking about chemicals and certain haz-mats. They have red-lettering on them and I'm getting a crap-load of them now. Did we get this from DHL?

I'm thinking this is the kind of volume we DO want (large business pickups to large business deliveries) instead of a large business pickup and then the least profitable ground residential delivery, IE LL BEAN?

Yeah I didn't look at who the shipper was but I will tommorow:whiteflag:. My bad.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I dunno....I see LL Bean pkgs everyday. All delivered by FDX express. Would be strange for them to switch during this peak time for not only us but for them.

W

westsideworma

Just a few I have noticed. Childrens Place, have not seen them before. Also Boston store, MLB.com and Abercrombie.

Childrens Place has been RIDICULOUS...they stopped accepting deliveries for a couple days because corporate sent them so much stuff for 4 days straight they had nowhere to store it lol

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Just read on another website that LL Bean is switching from FedEx to UPS Basic-20,000 to 40,000 pkgs per day, much more at peak. More trips to the P.O.!!

Remember just because they are sending it basic doesn't mean the package is going to the Post Office.
All it means is the packages will be small bags shipper release. Are you telling me you havn't read any of the labels you deliver pkgman?:happy2:

pkgman001

The rural/super rural zips and the PO Boxes go to USPS, so the majority is not USPS-I have heard that 25% is USPS, 75% UPS delivery-anyone have a better number?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
pkgman, last i heard those were good numbers, from ups.

we landed an overnight account with a drug company (at least on paper) but we have to go by and pick up the packages after 4 pm at the consignee's place of business. many dont fit inside of the drop boxes, and right now we are going to lose the account if we can not work with these people.

in this one case, you are talking hundreds of nda each day.

d

Childrens Place has been RIDICULOUS...they stopped accepting deliveries for a couple days because corporate sent them so much stuff for 4 days straight they had nowhere to store it lol

We had the same problem with the Disney Store. The would only accept 200 packages a day and the overflow was starting to back up at the hub. After it got to 12 pallets of DS packages sitting around, management finally told them that they needed to accept it or we were sending it back.