Load Rate of 400-500 Packages per hour

Brownies...mmm

Never Underestimate the Power of a Woman
I've been actually loading about 6 weeks now and wondering if 400-500 is the norm and if your a loader, how long does it take to get to that?

The pic is from my new hire packet.

Just curious, and yes I did use the search option on this topic. There is only one old post. Thanks in advance for your help.
20160914_091157.jpg

Mr. Marshall

People do realize that there is a difference between preloading and loading a trailer, right? The 400-500 an hour is the trailer number and 220 is the preload number. Neither number is that realistic anymore with the influx of irregs but you can get close.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
People do realize that there is a difference between preloading and loading a trailer, right? The 400-500 an hour is the trailer number and 220 is the preload number. Neither number is that realistic anymore with the influx of irregs but you can get close.

Did you used to be a high school English teacher

km3

I've been actually loading about 6 weeks now and wondering if 400-500 is the norm and if your a loader, how long does it take to get to that?

Average in my building is 240. I can hit 600-700, on a good day, when the stars align, and everything is running smoothly albeit heavily. Otherwise, anything above 450 is a fantasy. Only a small handful of my building's best loaders can actually do it, and the group that can do it consistently is even smaller. It took me 4 1/2 months before I could consistently finish with 300+.

Show up, do your job, and work safe. Ignore their stupid numbers. If you scan 600/hr, great. If you scan 200/hr, oh well.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

The pic is from my new hire packet.

Just curious, and yes I did use the search option on this topic. There is only one old post. Thanks in advance for your help.
View attachment 96454

Work at a safe speed. For you. It will get done regardless. One pace .. Think of it as this way. In the old looney tunes cartoon. Pepe la pu always got to the girl cat. No matter how fast she ran.

El Correcto

god is dead
I load feeder trailers. I'm considering doing preload for the holiday season though.
You are next to bullet proof as a part timer. Avoid management offers, show up on time and work safely/as instructed. If they instruct to do something that's a safety concern you have a right to have a steward present. Other than that grieve off company time. They might try to shove production numbers down your throat but don't pay attention to those as you can see they are fairy tale numbers based off loading nothing but envelopes that get sorted to the right truck every time.