loaders- fun things to do to your drivers who complain about absolutely perfect loads

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
1. take pal label off of package and stick it right on top of the barcode and try to position it over part of the 1z number too so driver can't scan package and has to take time out of their delivering day to get stupid pal label off barcode.

2. if package is COD, place pal label underneath the barcode where the information about the amount due is. this way the package will scan but when the diad goes into COD screen, driver has to peel sticker off to add COD information into diad.

BigBrownSanta

Re: loaders- fun things to do to your drivers who complain about absolutely perfect l

1. take pal label off of package and stick it right on top of the barcode and try to position it over part of the 1z number too so driver can't scan package and has to take time out of their delivering day to get stupid pal label off barcode.

2. if package is COD, place pal label underneath the barcode where the information about the amount due is. this way the package will scan but when the diad goes into COD screen, driver has to peel sticker off to add COD information into diad.

LOL. This should be a good thread.

1. Not a probelem, we just use Find Bar Code.

2. Also not a problem. Since peeling the PAL label usually makes the cod amount unreadable, we just sheet it as No COD Amount.

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
Re: loaders- fun things to do to your drivers who complain about absolutely perfect l

LOL. This should be a good thread.

1. Not a probelem, we just use Find Bar Code.

2. Also not a problem. Since peeling the PAL label usually makes the cod amount unreadable, we just sheet it as No COD Amount.

haha- but as for number 1....i always put pal over the last four digits of bar 1z number as well as the barcode and mark out 1z number on pal slip.

outamyway

1. Also no problem because the tracking number is on the PAL.

govols019

You smell that?

We had a preloader once get mad at a driver and mark every single barcode with a crayon so it wouldn't scan. This was pre-EDD. Man, was he pissed.

Forty6and2

I'm Broken

i have one driver who likes to complain about absolutely everything. i am debating to load his car backwards one day. 8000 shelf on 1000- 7000 on 2000- 6000 on 3000- 5000 on 4000- 4000 on 5000- 3000 on 6000- 2000 on 7000- 1000 on 8000. then toss around all the floor stops for good measure.

BigBrownSanta

haha- but as for number 1....i always put pal over the last four digits of bar 1z number as well as the barcode and mark out 1z number on pal slip.

...having noticed the PAL label is covering the last four digits and that the 1z number has been marked through, I simply hit details and get the last four of the tracking number from EDD.

Nyah, nyah. You're turn. LOL.:happy-very:

Mike Hawk

Give him misloads that are close enough to his route he will have to deliver, but far enough to be a PITA. I never did that, but if I had a :censored2: bag for a driver I would, mine were all cool though.

Worst thing I ever did was put some send agains in the cab, my driver made the mistake of telling me he forgot to deliver them by the time shipping closes so I left them in the cab to remind him.

SoyFish

The fun is always on Preload, what about us night loaders?

Mike Hawk

Try to make a box fort when you are loading the trailers?

SoyFish

Well I guess the loaders would mess with the unloaders. Hmmm box fort lol

Maybe pack the stuff tight where they gotta tug at it a few times.

dillweed

Pour beverage of your choice on the driver's seat, blame it on the car washers. I didn't do it but heard of someone else who did.

I did have a whiny driver once and would just put some of her pkgs label down. Not a biggie but enough to agitate.

S

speeddemon

This thread should be named the "Imature, irresponsible, we just cant get it right, so we take it out on the driver" thread. How pathetic. Do you job, do it right, or go work at McDonalds. Grow up.

dillweed

Most drivers are decent folks who will actually help their preloaders by letting them know what helps them and what hurts.

There are some stinkers, however, who think their feces doesn't stink and will complain no matter what. Like my Mom always told me, "if you want to cry I'll give you something to cry about"

upsdude

i have one driver who likes to complain about absolutely everything. i am debating to load his car backwards one day. 8000 shelf on 1000- 7000 on 2000- 6000 on 3000- 5000 on 4000- 4000 on 5000- 3000 on 6000- 2000 on 7000- 1000 on 8000. then toss around all the floor stops for good measure.

No problem, I just walk over to the pre-load manager's office and say "here boy, got one for you". He loves to fire people, doesn't matter if it sticks, your actions won't seem worth it in the end.

PIA drivers? There's plenty you can do without being stupid, think about it.

Forty6and2

I'm Broken

This thread should be named the "Imature, irresponsible, we just cant get it right, so we take it out on the driver" thread. How pathetic. Do you job, do it right, or go work at McDonalds. Grow up.

its one thing if ALL my drivers are complaining about their loads. its a completely different thing to have 3 out of four saying i give them the best loads they've ever had. this douchbag thinks he is God because hes mr driver man. he thinks the world revolves around him and everyone should bow to his godliness.

I got news for him- hes a driver and makes 30 bucks an hour. i am a p/t loader who doesn't make anywhere near what he makes. they don't pay me enough to meticulously set up his car perfect every time. sorting his car is part of his job too. i know because i drive too. if he continues to complain about great loads, then hes going to have more to complain about.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

its one thing if ALL my drivers are complaining about their loads. its a completely different thing to have 3 out of four saying i give them the best loads they've ever had. this douchbag thinks he is God because hes mr driver man. he thinks the world revolves around him and everyone should bow to his godliness.

I got news for him- hes a driver and makes 30 bucks an hour. i am a p/t loader who doesn't make anywhere near what he makes. they don't pay me enough to meticulously set up his car perfect every time. sorting his car is part of his job too. i know because i drive too. if he continues to complain about great loads, then hes going to have more to complain about.

This guy sounds an awful lot like UpstateNYUPSer. Boy, that guy can be downright arrogant, but I have to admit it sounds like he does know how to do his job. But then he has to come on here and try to tell the rest of us what to do it, how to do it, and when to do it. Enough already--put in your damn letter!!

(Self deprecation--the ability to laugh at yourself-- can be one of the best attributes a person can have.)

leastbest

LeastBest

I was off for five months due to a back injury. When I came back my loader kept putting o/70s in my truck without properly labelling (sticker, tape) so I complained repeatedly.

A week later half the packages in my vehicle (even Victoria's Secret) had O/70 tape on them.