loaders- fun things to do to your drivers who complain about absolutely perfect loads

upsdude

Re: loaders- fun things to do to your drivers who complain about absolutely perfect l

I was off for five months due to a back injury. When I came back my loader kept putting o/70s in my truck without properly labelling (sticker, tape) so I complained repeatedly.

A week later half the packages in my vehicle (even Victoria's Secret) had O/70 tape on them.

Most of the Victoria's Secret "Customers" would be "Over 70lbs", hopefully. LOL

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Re: loaders- fun things to do to your drivers who complain about absolutely perfect l

Off topic, but when you're on the sort aisle and a bottom belt is shutting off an d you're getting frustrated...

take a nice 60 pound office max paper box, give it a quick drop with roll-spin action down the 80 foot decline, for an insane tumbler sure to send thousands of sheets flying.

over9five

Staff member

take a nice 60 pound office max paper box, give it a quick drop with roll-spin action down the 80 foot decline, for an insane tumbler sure to send thousands of sheets flying.

...and that wasn't funny.

Not really a loader story but this driver used my rig while I was on vacation and made a mess of it so the next time she went on vacation I..I mean someone accidentally left some bait fish under the floor mat in her rig for the two weeks she was gone. Some people stoop to such immature behavior.

old brown shoe

30 year driver

Screw my load up all you want. I get paid by the hour and will just make more money. After all your little stunts you will proubly end up unloading if you can't do your job. I have had great preloaders and others that just don't care. The two best I have had were both girls. I take care of the ones who take care of me.

Forty6and2

I'm Broken

we are going to find out how he likes a tailpipe clogged with dog crap

Big Babooba

Not really a loader story but this driver used my rig while I was on vacation and made a mess of it so the next time she went on vacation I..I mean someone accidentally left some bait fish under the floor mat in her rig for the two weeks she was gone. Some people stoop to such immature behavior.
Raw chicken livers can get nasty too.:dead:

Big Babooba

we are going to find out how he likes a tailpipe clogged with dog crap

If handling dog crap is your thing - go right ahead. To each his own. :sick: If he drives a diesel,you better make sure that it's a big dog.

Forty6and2

I'm Broken

If handling dog crap is your thing - go right ahead. To each his own. :sick: If he drives a diesel,you better make sure that it's a big dog.

LOL. no just kidding. but i am going to haze this driver as much as i can without getting fired. he struck first when he whinned like a little *****. its on now fellas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Overpaid Union Thug

I don't expect a perfect load but I do expect preloaders to do their jobs correctly. If they will just do that then everything else will fall into place. I don't complain about a load unless its horrible. A horrible load for me is when.....

1) there are packages weighing over 35 lbs on the top shelf

2) packages so out of sequence that I don't find them until I'm miles from their delivery locations

3) wasted space resulting in packages being crammed together and making it difficult to find packages even though there was plenty of space on the shelf or floor that the preloader could have used

4) long packages loaded behind regular packages causing me to have to move all the regular packages so that I can get to the long package

5) damaged or opened packages are loaded instead of being retaped or given to the clerks

I've complained about these things in the PreCom field in the DIAD as well as telling the preloader, the preload sup, and the dispatch sup and have never had any revenge sabotage from the preloaders as a result. If it ever happens it will be a huge mistake on their part because I, like the average driver, don't always complain about everything. There are some days when a few mistakes aren't enough to tick us off but I think sabotage by a preloader is good enough reason for me to turn on the heat and complain about everything. :winks:

Forty6and2

I'm Broken

those are all very reasonable things to complain about, Big. I take pride in my work and I do a great job. This guy for some reason thinks that his preloaders have all day to dilly dally around in his pkg car and thus his load should be absolutely perfect for him at all times.

scoobypanda

Older guys tend to be pickier about their loads.We middle aged guys have a lower level of acceptance. Used to be, we slid 5 to 10 pkgs up into our 30 inch selection area and moved on. Now I find myself saying load was acceptable when I only have 1 or 2 misloads and majority of boxes have labels faced for selection. If more than 1/2 of boxes are in sequential order, I am pretty pleased. Some guys refuse to lower their level of acceptance and I can't really blame them as the dispatch numbers are based on these "training video" type loads and they are being held to standards that are not realistic if they are spending too much time sorting and searching. I know the loaders don't have time to give us perfect loads, but believe it or not, they are supposed to. Somewhere down the road maybe we all will be back to quality before quantity, but for now we all have to keep dealing with 10 lbs of crap in a 5 lb bag.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm not getting these initial posts, but I am glad that Upstate is here to decipher them.
(Of course, I still don't get the bacon and eggs part....)

Let's see you try to decipher that while watching LL baseball.

Forty6and2

I'm Broken

i was trying to see if anyone could decipher the notes on a guitar. the strings are eadgbe