loaders- fun things to do to your drivers who complain about absolutely perfect loads

Joebeans

Re: loaders- fun things to do to your drivers who complain about absolutely perfect l

Yes. Like the above poster said....If you pay peanuts you get monkeys. What kind of work do you expect from a bunch of college kids making 9 bucks an hour and very little training?

on paper the job looked great

10 bucks an hour, late night work so you could go to class

then you get in there and they throw you in the fire

10 bucks an hour loading 3 trucks sometimes 4 or 5 isn't worth it

unloading tractor trailers alone using rollers to unload 40 footers with broken rollers

only good thing about that job was the weight loss

hyena

Re: loaders- fun things to do to your drivers who complain about absolutely perfect l

How about vasaline on the door handles and the bulkhead door handle?

sx2700

Banned

How about vasaline on the door handles and the bulkhead door handle?

And the steering wheel, and the shifter, and the windshield wipers. Sounds like a good time.

sx2700

Banned

How about rigging up a hose to the washer pump that will squirt him in the crotch?

dillweed

Back when we were kids we used to smear limburger (sp) cheese on the neighbor's doornob. Dad bought the cheese. :happy-very:

Forty6and2

I'm Broken

ok ok. man that sure was a good thread. i love reading everyones reactions- fricken hillarious.
everyone will be quite pleased to read that i didn't actually mess with the complaining driver today. he should be happy with his load- but if i hear from my supervisor that he complained about his load then....

Forty6and2

I'm Broken

This thread should be named the "Imature, irresponsible, we just cant get it right, so we take it out on the driver" thread. How pathetic. Do you job, do it right, or go work at McDonalds. Grow up.

i agree. this driver should really grow up or go work at mcdonalds.

UPSBOI

You don't want to know!

and put washer fluid in it...

sx2700

Banned

pack all kinds of super big over 70's in the bottom of a drop frame. Wait, its been done...

What's wrong with that? It's easier than trying to get them all the way to the front of the trailer on bent and busted rollers.

LKLND3380

i have one driver who likes to complain about absolutely everything. i am debating to load his car backwards one day. 8000 shelf on 1000- 7000 on 2000- 6000 on 3000- 5000 on 4000- 4000 on 5000- 3000 on 6000- 2000 on 7000- 1000 on 8000. then toss around all the floor stops for good measure.

Read through my posts and you will see I am pro Union and as long as you are using proper methods UPS can't touch you... If your supe does a load quality audit they can bust you for not following proper methods and terminate you. Your local would not be able to help you...

LKLND3380

Pour beverage of your choice on the driver's seat, blame it on the car washers. I didn't do it but heard of someone else who did.

I did have a whiny driver once and would just put some of her pkgs label down. Not a biggie but enough to agitate.

Waste a bottle of my drink? I NEED TO STAY HYDRATED... Those are the gatorade bottle of piss left by the driver... Those are poured on the seat...

LKLND3380

I was off for five months due to a back injury. When I came back my loader kept putting o/70s in my truck without properly labelling (sticker, tape) so I complained repeatedly.

A week later half the packages in my vehicle (even Victoria's Secret) had O/70 tape on them.

Well... The driver who picked up the over 70s is resposible for putting tape on it... Find out where it originated and have THAT person fired for not following proper methods...

Over 70s are not supposed to go through the system without enough tape visable on all sides... Find out who unloaded it in your building and have them fired...

If it makes it to your car the preloader MUST LOAD IT AND FOLLOW PROPER METHODS...
ON THE FLOOR WITH YELLOW HIGHLIGHT TAPE VISIBLE ON ALL SIDES AND OVER 70 STICKER FACING UP FOR EASY IDENTIFICATION

Mike Hawk

What's wrong with that? It's easier than trying to get them all the way to the front of the trailer on bent and busted rollers.
I always liked the over 70/irregs at the begenning of the trailer so no trying to heave them on to rollers, just move them a few feet to the belt.

S

speeddemon

its one thing if ALL my drivers are complaining about their loads. its a completely different thing to have 3 out of four saying i give them the best loads they've ever had. this douchbag thinks he is God because hes mr driver man. he thinks the world revolves around him and everyone should bow to his godliness.

I got news for him- hes a driver and makes 30 bucks an hour. i am a p/t loader who doesn't make anywhere near what he makes. they don't pay me enough to meticulously set up his car perfect every time. sorting his car is part of his job too. i know because i drive too. if he continues to complain about great loads, then hes going to have more to complain about.

You were hired to do a specific job, a specific way. There was no clause that enables you to do a sub-par job depending on the feedback your getiing from any driver. Grow up, do your job, or go somewhere else. You are not forced to stay with UPS and work here. You work hard for yourself, not anyone else.