Loading issues

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Jumpin Jack Flash, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Why does UPS send so many packages down the belt? It’s humanely impossible to load the amount of packages that go on the belt. Then they complain you’re not loading fast enough, and good lord if you miss a package. I love that out of shape sups and managers think they’re great loaders. I’m very frustrated, I like the job. But these bosses act like we’re overpaid.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Old x 1
    • List
  2. Smashmouth

Smashmouth Active Member

Get used to it...it doesnt get any better!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Cmon man, you’re name is the flash, you should be like lightning

4. I believe it. I’ve worked here long enough to understand why the employee turnover rate for loaders is astronomical. I want to be a better loader. I use their methods, but even using their methods, I can’t keep up. There are guys there, who’ve worked there for years and they can’t keep up. There are so many packages, I could stand at the belt and stack all shift, there’s no time to load. They say one package every 15 seconds, seems reasonable, but it’s not because the packages don’t fit perfectly in place.

5. I appreciate the humor. I’m a fast person, I walk at a brisk pace. I bust tail. It’s so frustrating.

6. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

Just ignore and do what you can

7. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

Yeah UPS management are usually pretty dumb people. Who would take a "promotion" to make less than what a FT driver makes with more responsibility and being oncall 24/7? Not to mention that corporate has no idea how to train anyone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  8. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Well I’m probably not going to be the best guy to help you considering I’m the reason they’re so angry all the time

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. Th
    Thanks for responding, I’m finally starting to settle down and relax. I know I’m not the best loader, but I’m far from the worst. I just want to be better. The advice sups give and management is ridiculous. They think if you load 2-3 packages in one trip into a truck, then you can keep up. I can do that, however, very rarely do you get two packages that are weighted enough to carry both. One package comes down at 85 lbs, the next one 15 lbs, the next one 60lbs. I can’t carry a hundred pounds of packages. I could once, but I’d be exhausted for the day. Never mind the bulk that comes down too. I’ll keep fighting to improve, but it’s so mind-blowing, that Sups think these packages come down in such easy order. I also think the type of trucks one loads has a lot to do with it. If a truck is all RDR and FDL. Well that’s not the same as someone who has packages numbered throughout the truck.

10. llamainmypocket

llamainmypocket Active Member

You're not supposed to keep up. If you do then they'll just give you more crap. Your additude is all wrong.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

playing-violin-animated-gif-2.gif

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. That’s cute, you must have no life.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  13. silverbullet2893

silverbullet2893 KILL KILL!!

Oh my god you’re alive

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. llamainmypocket

llamainmypocket Active Member

He probably thinks he's got it hard. Drivers seem to suffer from this delusion. Especially the fat ones with old man routes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. there’s always a couple on these type of boards. Congrats to you two.

16. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

you will load and do what they say

17. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

source.gif

18. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

200.gif

19. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Lemme guess you’re the hardest worker on the hardest pull