Loading PC's

I never grasped the concept as to why UPS management wants people to load 3 or 4 trucks at a time? Are they aware of the heavy production that is being thrown at their employees each and everyday? The funny thing about it is, then they wonder why drivers complain about miss loaded packages, packages not being loaded on the correct shelves, packages not being scanned, and air being tossed all over the package car. In all honesty, It's a lot of volume to keep up with when loading 3 or 4 trucks at a time; trust me. However, whenever I load, I always like to load my trucks the way I would expect them to be loaded when I become a driver. But it's a lot to keep up with (stacking packages) and all.

FYI: I'm not complaining about loading, I'm just saying it how it is. I've gotten my same two sense from every PC loading employee.

I don't understand why UPS doesn't just hire more people so every employee can load his or her own individual PC perfectly with no problems. Could it be a $ saving issue?

I'm very curious if any centers out there (worldwide for all I care) have 1 person loading 1 PC on each and every belt.

DRIVERS, please feel free to blare out some loading tips and tricks, or even share some PC loading stories of when you use to load before you became a driver. Tell us how you the driver feel about 1 person loading 3-4 trucks.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I never grasped the concept as to why UPS management wants people to load 3 or 4 trucks at a time? Are they aware of the heavy production that is being thrown at their employees each and everyday? The funny thing about it is, then they wonder why drivers complain about miss loaded packages, packages not being loaded on the correct shelves, packages not being scanned, and air being tossed all over the package car. In all honesty, It's a lot of volume to keep up with when loading 3 or 4 trucks at a time; trust me. However, whenever I load, I always like to load my trucks the way I would expect them to be loaded when I become a driver. But it's a lot to keep up with (stacking packages) and all.

FYI: I'm not complaining about loading, I'm just saying it how it is. I've gotten my same two sense from every PC loading employee.

I don't understand why UPS doesn't just hire more people so every employee can load his or her own individual PC perfectly with no problems. Could it be a $ saving issue?

I'm very curious if any centers out there (worldwide for all I care) have 1 person loading 1 PC on each and every belt.

DRIVERS, please feel free to blare out some loading tips and tricks, or even share some PC loading stories of when you use to load before you became a driver. Tell us how you the driver feel about 1 person loading 3-4 trucks.

Thank you for your time.
Loading 4 trucks is not that bad....some days are worse than others.

HardknocksUPSer

I'm happy loading 4 trucks, 5 trucks everyday gets old. I've never loaded less than 4 or more than 5, it is what it is, do the job or quit, nowhere is perfect.

HardknocksUPSer

I understand. I'm no permanent loader but the way I see these people complain is like wow.
People complain at every job I've ever worked at, it isn't the job, it's the attitude of the individual, of course loading PC's is hard work but it's not the end of the world and everyone goes home by 9am no matter what, tomorrow's a new day and everyone's still alive, I prefer to get the worked laid on me, that insures I get more time.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It isn't. But cmon, have some curtesy.
Huh?

You asked why they don't just hire a preloader for every single car. Common sense says that would be a massive expense and not even remotely efficient.

I agree they should give you all a little more time in the morning so drivers don't have to wrap up but loading 3-4 package cars isn't some impossible task.
Ups is here to make money.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
i did a 20 year fulltime bit on preload. most of the time i had a 6 car assignment about 1400 -1500 pieces. this was with charts and 4 digit chart numbers that had to be memorized. many streets had multiple chart numbers depending on address. plus the cage i pulled was always half packed with missorts from the slide. i went down to 5 cars after the PAS system was implemented and it was like night and day as far as loading.

browner89

As someone stated - cheaper to pay 1 to do 4 than 4 to do 1 each. Healthcare isn't cheap. Might save on wages paying 4 1yr seniority employess instead of one 10 year seniority, but the benefits are where they save the big bucks.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
…..However, whenever I load, I always like to load my trucks the way I would expect them to be loaded when I become a driver…..

So, when you finally do become a driver, are you going to come back and whine about how many stops you have? Why they didn't hire another driver to do half your route?