Loading/unloading......So is that what everybody was saying was hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Re: Is there any other good paying jobs in UPS besides truck driver?

Yes there are. With the credentials & work ethics you demonstrated in the previous thread, I suggest you apply for the job of Chief Executive Officer. Currently, the job pays in excess of $13M per year in total compensation, although I'm positive you could negotiate more.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Seniority is just how long you've been there. Nothing else.

Are u looking to make ups a career?

Seniority is just how long you've been there. Nothing else.

Are u looking to make ups a career?

Not really. I just want to make some big bucks there. Because I heard that there are a lot of oppurtunities there, so I want to start milking the brown cow too. I'm starting college in a few few months.

What happens if I only work 27 mintutes over my shift?

Yesterday I work 27 mintutes over my shift. Ok lets do the maths here. So there are 60 minutes in a hour, and I get paid 8.50 per hour AND 12.75 OVERTIME AS SAID ON THE PAPER. 27% of 60 is 16.2. And 16.2% of 12.75 is 2.0655 which is approximately 2 dollars and 5 cents. The question is: Is my two dollars and 5 cents going to be added?

softshoe

I think you should apply for a job flying the UPS jets. Some one told me they earn more than a package car driver.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Where the heck are these goofballs coming from?

Anybody think he sounds like our friend who was applying at 43rd Street?

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

Where the heck are these goofballs coming from?

Anybody think he sounds like our friend who was applying at 43rd Street?

I'm pretty confident that's who this is (18, Superman, earns $15 to start). Let's test:

Is there any other good paying jobs in UPS besides truck driver? That pays $15 or more. Besides supervisor.
Sorry, not if you're black.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Yeah definitely Kapa. I'm convinced after he started multiple new verbose threads. Mod should check the IP of the banned account versus this one. I bet it is similar.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Re: What happens if I only work 27 mintutes over my shift?

You will get paid your overtime.

klein

Für Meno :)

You should have stayed 30 minutes over. I believe they only have a 15 , maybe 10 min cycle.
Meaning you won't get paid for the extra 7 minutes, or perhaps even 12 minutes.
Same if you are late, even by 1 or 2 minutes, you lose 15 minutes pay.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

- You're paid for every minute you're clocked in.
- OT, calculated as time & a half, is paid after 5 hours. Your OT rate: $8.50 x 1.5 = $12.75
- As with most any hourly job, hours are converted to a decimal. To do this, divide minutes worked by 60. 27/60=.45, so 5 hours, 27 minutes = 5.45.

Your time card for the day:
regular = 5.00 x 8.50 = $42.50
overtime = 0.45 x 12.75 = $5.74 ($42.50+$5.74=$48.24)

Last edited:

balland chain

Why does everybody think I'm a troll? Whats going on on this site?
Some have no life...There was a guy on here for a short time Kappamassacre, he was over the top, hence the kappa reference.. Do your job, keep in mind at UPS the more you do, the more they will give you to do, then they will expect that everyday, regardless. If you are instructed to load a trailer, by all means do it, and do it safely..Do not rush too much because they will then give you another one, or send you over to help another loader..Do what the average loader does and nothing more.. The part time sup. can do nothing for you..All jobs are awarded according to seniority.. get your 30 days in, keep your personal driving record clean, and then wait until the list is posted for new drivers...where I am, in the south, they usually have to hire off the street because the part timers we have do not want the driving jobs.. GL (good luck) OH, we mean no harm, we are just very sarcastic at times,,, most of the time...

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
And yet another new thread started...and with the use of THE CAPS and the typos. Anyone still not think this is kapa?

Nimnim

The Nim

That pays $15 or more. Besides supervisor.
I don't think there's anything besides FT or just working there for enough time your rate hits that.

And is it true that its easy to become supervisor at UPS? And how long would it take me to become one? Although I have no desire to become one. Depending on staffing and how many people put their letters in, it can either be hard or easy. If they need sups if you can pass basic math they'll probably take you.

What about those fat guys who drive the carts with a lot of packages and irregulars on it? How much do they get paid?
Hey, we're not all fat though I'll admit I could stand to lose like 15-20 lbs. At least in my facility we make skill pay which is an extra $1.

Also, hiw exactly do you gain hub seniority? Is it solely based on how long you've been working there for and not your performance or attendances or how hard you've worked?
Bolded the answer.

I'm planning to work really hard for 40 days so I can make it into the union. Once I join the union I start working at a normal pace and start valueing my body parts and make it my number one priority to stay injury free no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.