Local 104

I was going over the 7 cardinal sins that can get you permanently fired. But I have a question about the first one "proven dishonesty" in what context? What does it mean??
SmartSelect_20211222-064335_Samsung Notes.jpg

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Any context. Lying about a delivery. Stealing, covering up an offense by another employee, stealing time. Virtually anything.

UnionStrong

Even if you call in sick knowing the fact that you were not? I don't think they would get you for that! I think the dishonesty part has to be very serious!
They can’t prove you weren’t sick when you called. It would have to no provable or corroborated.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Any context. Lying about a delivery. Stealing, covering up an offense by another employee, stealing time. Virtually anything.
Want to see this one modified… also want to see bs method “violations” totally thrown out.. we’ve had drivers get hung up over this one where some super sup comes out and finds every gd thing the driver does in a 10 hour day…totally over supervision and nobody is 100 perfect in hundreds of methods for each stop for hundreds of stops for a whole day…so unrealistic

UnionStrong

Want to see this one modified… also want to see bs method “violations” totally thrown out.. we’ve had drivers get hung up over this one where some super sup comes out and finds every gd thing the driver does in a 10 hour day…totally over supervision and nobody is 100 perfect in hundreds of methods for each stop for hundreds of stops for a whole day…so unrealistic
They use it for witch hunts when they’re out to get someone

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I had one of the gung ho pricks come after me years ago about the 340 methods

I told him I need a paper copy of such methods if you want me to know them and demonstrate them
(Knowing full well he couldnt give me a copy) they treated them like state secrets he soon lost interest in his little plan and moved on to someone else

Sidenote he was fired for falsifying time cards not long after this. was a bartender at Applebees for years after

oldngray

nowhere special

I told him I need a paper copy of such methods if you want me to know them and demonstrate them
(Knowing full well he couldnt give me a copy) they treated them like state secrets he soon lost interest in his little plan and moved on to someone else

Sidenote he was fired for falsifying time cards not long after this. was a bartender at Applebees for years after
I had one of those pricks doing a methods ride on me. He was a hatchet man they brought in from another center. It was really a performance ride but they couldn't call it that. Or admit the allowances on that route were screwed up.

His supposed "methods" would change from stop to stop and he would try to ding me for following methods if it took longer that way. My over allow was easily worse when he was with me. It was supposed to be a 3 day ride but he gave up after the 2nd day.

UnionStrong

I had one of those pricks doing a methods ride on me. He was a hatchet man they brought in from another center. It was really a performance ride but they couldn't call it that. Or admit the allowances on that route were screwed up.

His supposed "methods" would change from stop to stop and he would try to ding me for following methods if it took longer that way. My over allow was easily worse when he was with me. It was supposed to be a 3 day ride but he gave up after the 2nd day.
On to easier pickings. Lol

tourists24

Even if you call in sick knowing the fact that you were not? I don't think they would get you for that! I think the dishonesty part has to be very serious!
We actually have had an employee fired for calling in sick and wasn't. He called in and played in a golf tournament. The results of the tournament were posted in the newspaper. Ooops.... If they can prove it somehow, you can be fired.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
We actually have had an employee fired for calling in sick and wasn't. He called in and played in a golf tournament. The results of the tournament were posted in the newspaper. Ooops.... If they can prove it somehow, you can be fired.
That’s why you don’t say you’re “sick”
Just say your not coming in. If they start with the 20 questions which they will
Hang up

oldngray

nowhere special
That’s why you don’t say you’re “sick”
Just say your not coming in. If they start with the 20 questions which they will
Hang up
I did have them do drivebys to check on me after I called in a couple of times but never had them stop to really check.

And agreed, you don't need to give them a reason for calling in. Especially in my local where it is an unpaid day off.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
proven dishonesty is just like regular dishonesty but they have incontrovertible proof, like you're on camera at the pawnshop fencing that laptop you claimed wasn't on your truck. (happened in my center to a guy everyone liked) so they can fire you and not miss a wink of sleep over it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
proven dishonesty is just like regular dishonesty but they have incontrovertible proof, like you're on camera at the pawnshop fencing that laptop you claimed wasn't on your truck. (happened in my center to a guy everyone liked) so they can fire you and not miss a wink of sleep over it.
Nor should they thieves are right there alongside scabs