Local 17

AlwaysChafed

Anyone on here from the area? What's the word?

We have three part time guys driving at our Center and I'm trying to obtain information to support a No.

The way I'm reading the TA is part timers will move to the 30/35. UpStateNYer typed that unless we are part of the pension plan, we aren't getting anything. As far as I know, I'm definitely not getting a pension. I don't think the other guys are either. One has had his seniority date for about a year.

One partner said he through away his ballot and said he never looks at the stuff Teamsters sends him. I find this a big problem and to be honest I was doing the same thing until I logged into here a few days ago. I told him it wasn't the ballot but when it does come, save it!

I'm in 17, still haven't heard anything or seen anything on the union board about there even being a TA, definitely not the easiest to get information. Talked to our main steward tonight and he's been out on vacation for 2 weeks so didn't have much information but said he would look into it. I know our normal union meeting was moved from May 12 to the 5th so that would have been before TA details were out. Unfortunately I can't make those as I drive Saturday air. All I've received in the mail has been the UPSDate mailer from nationals.