Local 177 fighting sub contracting

undies

I've seen random guys moving trailers in and out of the yard using non ups trucks and not looking like feeder drivers at all...

bluebiker

Scab, a strikebreaker, a person who works despite strike action or against the will of other employees. (from Wikipedia)

They are not scabs, basically it's not their fault. Many of them are independent owner-operators working for truck brokers. (Think UPS Supply Chain Solutions) Basically just people trying to make a living. The only ones to blame is UPS trying to circumvent the contract and a National Grievance Committee decision.

Scab, a strikebreaker, a person who works despite strike action or against the will of other employees. (from Wikipedia)

They are not scabs, basically it's not their fault. Many of them are independent owner-operators working for truck brokers. (Think UPS Supply Chain Solutions) Basically just people trying to make a living. The only ones to blame is UPS trying to circumvent the contract and a National Grievance Committee decision.
Hoffa at his best. Let them understaff us. And bring In the gypsies.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
This past Friday, 177 gave UPS 72-hour prior written notice of authorization to take strike action.

The subcontracting continues in my building a week later and we're not forming picket lines.

And people wonder why UPS laughs and gets their way come negotiating time?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This past Friday, 177 gave UPS 72-hour prior written notice of authorization to take strike action.

The subcontracting continues in my building a week later and we're not forming picket lines.

And people wonder why UPS laughs and gets their way come negotiating time?
I'm just curious how's stuff supposed to move this time of year?