Local 25 TA Meeting....

TimeForChange

Are you going? I might swing on by.

You MIGHT "swing on by"? You're endlessly posting how TDU sucks and how Hoffa is the GOAT, but when you have the once-every-five-years chance to stand up in front of your UPS brothers and sisters at the critical time, and say how wonderfully fantastic Hoffa and his Tentative Agreement are, you "might" think about showing up? I have to agree with your handle, Stink, because there is a strong odor coming from your direction.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You MIGHT "swing on by"? You're endlessly posting how TDU sucks and how Hoffa is the GOAT, but when you have the once-every-five-years chance to stand up in front of your UPS brothers and sisters at the critical time, and say how wonderfully fantastic Hoffa and his Tentative Agreement are, you "might" think about showing up? I have to agree with your handle, Stink, because there is a strong odor coming from your direction.

Stink is from Rhode Island----Local 25 is in Massachusetts in the Boston area---this is not his local.

A

anonymous6

i'm originally from Boston. folks from east boston, relatives all over from there. Bostonians stick together...."this is our fu......kin city!"

stink219

Are you going? I might swing on by.

Um, hi dope. I'm not in local 25. Im from local 251 in RI. I had to call Sean first to make sure it was ok. Which it is. So I will see you there. My meeting is on Sunday anyway.

stink219

Stink may not be from my local, and I'm not sure why he'd waste a Saturday coming here, but he'd be welcome!
As you are in mine. 10am on Sunday. All the UPSers will stay and have a private meeting after our monthly. Let me know if your available. PM me.

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
No but I'd love for you to post about your meeting in this thread tomorrow.
Ok, I'll try this, I've had a few beers so maybe BrownArmy will help me out.
We went thru every article that had changed, first the national, then the supplement. Almost all changed for the better.

At the end, Sean told a story I've heard him tell before:
He goes to some workplace, and a member comes up to him and says "This contract sucks"
Sean: "Well ,what sucks about it?"
Member: "I don't know, it just sucks"
Sean: "Compared to what? Was the contract at the last place you worked better?"
Member: "I wasn't union last place"
Sean: "Did you have free healthcare?"
Member: "No"
Sean: "Did you have a guaranteed raise every year?"
Member: "No"

Anyhow, he suggested we talk to family and friends about our raises and healthcare, and then think about how to vote.

​I know this is not comparable to what a lot of you are deciding. Local 25 has it's own healthcare package, and it's own pension deal. Glad I don't have to think about this Teamcare/Central States BS.