Local 251 Nominations Meeting

You know me...
Not gonna go negative, actually going to bring up something I think we can all agree on....

​Who was the guy that called out the 6'7" MONSTER that works at UPS? LOL What was that dude THINKING???!!! I saw him run out the door and hightail it to his car after the meeting...best move he's made so far in his life! That was priceless!

RIH251

I hope he is tough, at least he'll have that going for him because he's dumber than a bucket of rocks. I was in a covo within ear shot of another convo in which he was involved. WOW, reminded me of the guy from the planet fitness commercials. I PICK THINGS UP AND PUT THEM DOWN....

You know me...
I hope he is tough, at least he'll have that going for him because he's dumber than a bucket of rocks. I was in a covo within ear shot of another convo in which he was involved. WOW, reminded me of the guy from the planet fitness commercials. I PICK THINGS UP AND PUT THEM DOWN....

I don't see that at all. I'me spoken with him directly a few times, he's got a good head on his shoulders. If he was speaking to anyone wearing a "re-elect the membership slate" t-shirt, then he was probably jumping down the conversation so they could understand him. ;-)

stink219

Current Sec/Treas:
Joe has been a member of Local 251 since 1977. Prior to becoming an officer, he worked at Rhode Island Produce Company, PRM Concrete and M&G Convoy (Allied) Carhaul, where he also held Shop Steward positions. Elected a Trustee for Local 251 in 1992, he went on to become President and Business Agent in 1995, 1998, 2001, and 2004. In September, 2006, Joe became Secretary-Treasurer and Principal Executive Officer. In addition, Joe has held many other positions over the years:

Member of the Negotiating Committee Eastern Region New England Supplemental Agreement
Co-Chair of the Eastern Automobile Transporters Joint Arbitration Committee
National and Eastern Area Automobile Transporters Joint Arbitration Committee
Eastern and National Negotiating Committee for Automobile Transporters
New England Joint Area Committee Freight Panel
New England Freight Interpretation's Committee
Recording Secretary--Teamsters Joint Council 10 New England
Advisory Trustee -- New England Teamsters Federal Credit Union
Carhaul Director for Joint Council 10 New England
Co-Chair of Teamsters' Health Services and Insurance Plan
Member of the Rhode Island Labor Advisory Council
AFL-CIO Executive Board Member
Joe is currently working with Local Unions throughout the country on campaigns to organize the non-union Carhaul companies and has served on the National UPS Freight Negotiating Committee.

VS...

The UA candidate:
Matt has been an active Teamster of 15 years at United Parcel Service, where he served as a shop steward, and previously at SuperValu. Matt has taken extensive labor education courses in union representation and organizing. He has a degree in Business Administration.

stink219

This was posted on TDUnited Action's website:

"A sincere thank you to each and every one of the hundreds of members who flooded the Union Hall to stand with the United Action Slate."

There were 440 people total who attended the meeting. 390 of those are Membership supporters. 5 rows for you guys plus 2 gives you 50. 10 of those 50 are actually you TDU slates nominees. So you should really recant that statement to say,"Thank you to the 40 people that we bought a free breakfast for so we could show we had some support!"

And as a footnote:
Thank you TDUnited Action for showing zero support for our softball tournament that supports our local union scholarship fund. Way to put the members first (no pun intended).

slaveofbigbrown

"A sincere thank you to each and every one of the hundreds of members who flooded the Union Hall to stand with the United Action Slate."

There were 440 people total who attended the meeting. 390 of those are Membership supporters. 5 rows for you guys plus 2 gives you 50. 10 of those 50 are actually you TDU slates nominees. So you should really recant that statement to say,"Thank you to the 40 people that we bought a free breakfast for so we could show we had some support!"

And as a footnote:
Thank you TDUnited Action for showing zero support for our softball tournament that supports our local union scholarship fund. Way to put the members first (no pun intended).
cause there scumbags!!

slaveofbigbrown

Ohhhhh but I'm sure there's a UA slate supporters son/daughters name looking for a scholarship! Won't support it but sure the hell will take it!!!! SMFH

RIH251

And as a footnote:

Hundreds? I thought they were gonna impove the finances of the local? They can't even count.

slaveofbigbrown

Count! Lmao!
I can go so many different ways right now to bash these fools but I'm not gonna!

Rih251. U obviously know what the membership got u guys down there. Things might not be perfect but this ain't a perfect world. We need ure help brother! Like u said 5% raises. Need a lawyer FREE! Call this number! Benis sure we got that covered! That's only the 1st contract! Imagine the next WITH the right crew!

Spread the word brother. THE UA SLATE is poison, cancer, herpes, crabs, gonarea, bird flu u get my point! Lol. All the sh:t u don't want in life!!!