Local 2727 update

airbusfxr

Tell UPSSUX thanks for the contract. Even though we shorted ourselves by voting this in, it is what it is. I suggest that you go ahead and remove the Gateway/Airline thread from the BC. The pilots have their own board and we have no horse in the 2013 race. I have alot of respected for most drivers, loaders, sorters and hourly workers and will assist them if we are asked.

fr8dog

Tell UPSSUX thanks for the contract. Even though we shorted ourselves by voting this in, it is what it is. I suggest that you go ahead and remove the Gateway/Airline thread from the BC. The pilots have their own board and we have no horse in the 2013 race. I have alot of respected for most drivers, loaders, sorters and hourly workers and will assist them if we are asked.

Agreed. let's close this thread and follow the next contract negotiations that will be going on with the groundside and sit back and listen to how upssucks bashes the drivers and all. Do not give in to paying a penny for healthcare. then decide your worth and what ur willing to do for it. the airline mechanicis will be standing next to you on that picket line if needed(we r getting a big retro check so we can afford to take a few months off if needed). Good luck.

UPSSOCKS

I'm back now that you all have made your decision. I don't know too much about your contract, but I know both sides are happy. Which makes me happy. I need those birds to department and arrive "on time" more than you think. I have two questions. Hopefully one of you super intelligent mechanics can help answer. When does this air contract that 2727 negogiated expire? When does the current ground contract expire?

For the record. I will never bash a package car driver. Most of them earn their keep the rest are miserable.

UPSSOCKS

Your welcome I didn't have much sway in the matter. If I had a vote I would of been on your side.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I'm back now that you all have made your decision. I don't know too much about your contract, but I know both sides are happy. Which makes me happy. I need those birds to department and arrive "on time" more than you think. I have two questions. Hopefully one of you super intelligent mechanics can help answer. When does this air contract that 2727 negogiated expire? When does the current ground contract expire?

For the record. I will never bash a package car driver. Most of them earn their keep the rest are miserable.

I am a package car driver.

UPSSOCKS

The 2727 contract becomes amendable November 1, 2013.

So let me get this straight. The ground contract and the 2727 contract are up the same year? So it sounds like anything 2727 negogiated would be subject to change in 2013. Interesting. So how did the mechanics negogiate free healthcare for ground employees? Isn't it possible that 2013 could be the end of free benefits for everyone?

fr8dog

So let me get this straight. The ground contract and the 2727 contract are up the same year? So it sounds like anything 2727 negogiated would be subject to change in 2013. Interesting. So how did the mechanics negogiate free healthcare for ground employees? Isn't it possible that 2013 could be the end of free benefits for everyone?

Nope, just tell them your gonna strike and shut the place down and watch them cave. Worked for us. Will work for drivers.

UPSSOCKS

sux, the company is run by airline people, not ground. times have changed for the better.

I'm not sure what the difference is. My position at UPS needs the Air just as much as the ground. I work with both parts of the company equally. You seem to think that the company is being run by airline people and that is supposed to make the ground employees unhappy for some reason. In reality no matter who runs the company my position will not change, and yours certainly won't. So what's the big deal? Why do you keep going back this statement? Do you think it proves something?

If it's all you got left to hold on to I understand. I've always said happy union employees keep guys like me in the office.

Bigd08

Could anyone on here tell me how many Mechanics UPS has and what kind of maintenance they do in SDF I have applied for a job and just wondering if you guys do heavy work or is it all line/ overnights. I am at AA but looking to move on.

Thanks for your help!